what happening? is this normal?

snapssnow92snapssnow92 Registered Users Posts: 170
fist day on CG, hair looks great. today i did the same thing but i didnt sleep on it wet, hair looked blah. i wanna wash it. what should i do? should i wait it out? wash it again in the morning with my co? HELP!
~Snaps~

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    Co washing was so fun and interesting at first, sometimes I did it twice a day. :lol: It's normal for hair to be weird during the first few weeks of CG. It's adjusting. Do what you feel is right for your hair. Does it need the extra conditioner?
    3b-3c CG
  • snapssnow92snapssnow92 Registered Users Posts: 170
    my hair is getting better little by little i think. i went swimming yesterday, anything special i should do to my hair? thanks for replying. i got my friend to wear her hair curly today but it wasnt that great in the morning so i hope she isnt turned off of it!
    ~Snaps~
  • Libra08Libra08 Registered Users Posts: 242
    Putting conditioner on your hair before you go swimming helps protect your hair from the chlorine.
    comic-p.jpg
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    It'll take some adjusting to CO washes. You'll have a few off days before your hair gets the hang of it. I would say not to CO wash again if your scalp feels clean. That's always my way of telling when I need to CO wash my hair: the scalp no longer has the "just clean" feeling. I can go about two days so far without washing but many people go for longer.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • snapssnow92snapssnow92 Registered Users Posts: 170
    you r not suppose to co wash every day? is it bad to co wash every day? my hair does not feel clean if i dont!!! :roll: oy vey, this CG stuff is kinda hard. its been i think 5 days now, ill give it a few weeks. thanks for all ur help!
    ~Snaps~
    It's not bad to CO wash every day at all. I just find that my hair gets overconditioned by doing so. In between CO washes I just rinse my hair or just CO wash the scalp. It really depends on your hair, how dry it is or how oily your scalp is.

The CG routine has come to point, for me, where I just focus on how clean my scalp is because the products I use wash easily off the length with just water. I can go for more than a week without washing the length (just rinsing and conditioning), but I can't go that long without washing my scalp. You just have to experiment and find what methods work best for you.
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • ClaireDClaireD Registered Users Posts: 56
    JuicyTube wrote:
    Co washing was so fun and interesting at first, sometimes I did it twice a day.

Haha, me too. I thought I was just weird. It has still been less than a month for me, so I'm just barely getting over it. When I first started, I couldn't wait for the next time I washed my hair.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • firelilyfirelily Registered Users Posts: 1,298
    Aries_jb wrote:
    It's not bad to CO wash every day at all. I just find that my hair gets overconditioned by doing so. In between CO washes I just rinse my hair or just CO wash the scalp. It really depends on your hair, how dry it is or how oily your scalp is.

The CG routine has come to point, for me, where I just focus on how clean my scalp is because the products I use wash easily off the length with just water. I can go for more than a week without washing the length (just rinsing and conditioning), but I can't go that long without washing my scalp. You just have to experiment and find what methods work best for you.

Wait, you're supposed to co-wash all of your hair sometimes? :shock:

I've been doing it wrong for years!
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
    Not supposed to, per se. I just do every once in a while to remove build up from the length, which like I said, isn't often since my products mostly rinse off cleanly. I mostly do it when I do deep treatments, otherwise my fine hair gets weighed down.

If your hair looks good, then you are doing it right. :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file