Should I or shouldn't I?

DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
I'm trying to decide if I want to cut my hair. The shortest piece, which is in the front, is a little shorter than shoulder length and the longest is a little below my shoulders (think the very bottom of my colloar bone). I'm starting to dislike the distance between the two. I think I'd like to trim the rest to shoulder length to try and distance that gap. There are some old photos in my fotki if that would help with the imagery. The password is bunny. Thanks!
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Comments

• curlyincollegecurlyincollege Posts: 175Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's a tough decision! The distance between your two lengths sounds exactly like my hair. I've decided to go ahead and get a haircut this week, mainly because the longer layer doesn't curl nearly as much as the shorter layer, making the distance seem even longer! It bugs me that my hair looks like two different lengths if one sees me from the front vs. the back.

Ultimately, getting your hair cut is a really personal decision, which I bet is the reason that more curlies haven't weighed in. Good luck deciding!

(By the way, your curls are really pretty! :D )
    This site has released my inner PJ demon... :)

I'm a 2b/3a in a perpetual search for the products that will actually give me a good hair day in this brutal heat and humidity!
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    That's a tough decision! The distance between your two lengths sounds exactly like my hair. I've decided to go ahead and get a haircut this week...

Let me know how it goes!
    The longer layer doesn't curl nearly as much as the shorter layer, making the distance seem even longer! It bugs me that my hair looks like two different lengths if one sees me from the front vs. the back.

Exactly!!
    Ultimately, getting your hair cut is a really personal decision, which I bet is the reason that more curlies haven't weighed in. Good luck deciding!

(By the way, your curls are really pretty! :D )

Thank you very much! :) I'm sure you'rs are very pretty too! I keep going back and forth with my decision.... :?

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just chopped about 4 inches yesterday, and I love it! I've been having some really crappy hair lately, and I think the cut really helped. There was just way too much hair for me to handle. Now the length is down to my collarbone, and I have some short side-swept bang pieces. I also had her make my layers more gradual b/c I was also getting the distinct layers that I hate. Summer is such a great time for haircuts! Let us know what you decide.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • curlyincollegecurlyincollege Posts: 175Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bailey, you've made me really excited to get my haircut!! I was feeling a bit nervous before, since it'll be my first cut since discovering nc.com, but I can't wait to see the distinct layers thing go away, and my hair just tends to look a lot better when its around shoulder length. So yay for a slightly new look! :)

Doodles, my appt is on Thursday, so I will definitely let you know how that goes! Do let us know what you decide!
    This site has released my inner PJ demon... :)

I'm a 2b/3a in a perpetual search for the products that will actually give me a good hair day in this brutal heat and humidity!
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I just chopped about 4 inches yesterday, and I love it! I've been having some really crappy hair lately, and I think the cut really helped. There was just way too much hair for me to handle. Now the length is down to my collarbone, and I have some short side-swept bang pieces. I also had her make my layers more gradual b/c I was also getting the distinct layers that I hate. Summer is such a great time for haircuts! Let us know what you decide.

I had about 2 inches cut last week and I am so happy I did. I was having really bad hair days too and I kept thinking it was the product. With my hair shorter (just above my shoulders) it's much easier to apply product and I've been having good hair days ever since. I also had my hair cleaned up. I had a Devacut in March and I've come to the realization that my hair is just too fine. My hair eventually started looking stringy. Not anymore, not since the cut! I agree, summer is a good time for haircuts.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Pinksugar - did you feel the deva cut was not good for fine hair???
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I really didn't think it was good for my fine hair. I liked it the first week and then not so much after that. I like my hair much better now that I had the layers cleaned up, my hair looks fuller. My hair looked thinner and stringy with the Devacut.

I did like that I had shorter layers with the Devacut and asked my stylist (not the Deva trained stylist) to keep some of my layers short.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    pinksugar wrote:
    I really didn't think it was good for my fine hair. I liked it the first week and then not so much after that. I like my hair much better now that I had the layers cleaned up, my hair looks fuller. My hair looked thinner and stringy with the Devacut.

I did like that I had shorter layers with the Devacut and asked my stylist (not the Deva trained stylist) to keep some of my layers short.

Thanks for the info Pinksugar. Now I am a bit concerned about my Deva cut next week. :?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I am battling this too -- I only have a couple layers and they sound similar to yours. I am trying to decide if I want to just have the two layers meet at my shoulders and try that or go for the Deva cut -- I really don't want a bunch of different layers either. Keep us posted!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Okay, I must confess....I cut it to my shoulders and I'm glad I did it. No regrets! :D

xcptnl wrote:
    pinksugar wrote:

Thanks for the info Pinksugar. Now I am a bit concerned about my Deva cut next week. :?

xcptnl - I'm sorry if I've discouraged you. There are other people on the board that love the Deva cut. You can do a search and there are many positive comments. It just wasn't the right cut for me.

hockeymom - I have different layers all over now and I love it. My hair looks so full and healthy. My husband made a comment last night that I'm getting my hair back to the way it used to look.

doodles - Happy to hear you like your cut!
  • chelseacharmschelseacharms Posts: 54Registered Users
    I dont know if thats what you're going for, but a shorter cut will be easier to detangle and it will be a lot curlier.
    college student
    www.fotki.com/chelseababy
    pw:curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file