CurlTalk

Curtalk Boring? Dull? Slow?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
Well I thought it was time for another poll. :D

Honestly, the board has been so dull lately. I keep looking for something interesting. Where's the pizazz? There is no controversy, no heated discussion. Even the trolls are bored by us, they don't visit anymore. There has got to be something we can do to liven this place up. I need an interesting distraction from work.

If something doesn't happen soon I may start with the pool threads in earnest.
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
«1

Comments

  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Still extremely slow and takes WAY to long to load or post.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    It just takes too damn long to view a thread or post a reply.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Yeah, still painfully slow. There are so many times I want to make a reply, then I just end up saying screw it because it takes too long. Also, half the time my pages load all funky because of the ads.
    Location: Southern NH

    If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    Stirring things up...hmmmm...maybe this will help:

    Hi, my name is Sammie. I'm Cammie's sister, and I am pregnant with twins from the moon (if it really exists). I drive a PT Cruiser, love EZ cheese, and my best friend is Alterna, who is the most stable person ever.




    :twisted:
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    Double Post
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    FreeCurls wrote:
    I keep looking for something interesting. Where's the pizazz? There is no controversy, no heated discussion.

    *groan*

    here we go again...

    you want pizazz?

    make it yourself!

    post something interesting to you - and people will either respond, or they won't.

    you want controvery and heated discussion?

    just wait... it'll come.

    and then will you be asking what to do to stop the wars? will you be quoting Rodney King at us?

    :roll:

    [and i don't believe that Poopsie is Sammie, i think she's really Tammie, Cammie's Evil Twin who was separated at birth!]
    My blog:

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

    Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    It's slow here because it takes too long for the pages to open and no one is bothering to respond or post new topics because it's a seven minute investment instead of seven seconds. When this gets fixed, things will pick up again.
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    just wait... it'll come.

    I've been waiting....finally I had to ask the question. oh well. I tried
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    [and i don't believe that Poopsie is Sammie, i think she's really Tammie, Cammie's Evil Twin who was separated at birth!]

    Ahh--you caught me! I'm so controversial!!! :lol:
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • NubianNubian Posts: 13Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote:
    It's slow here because it takes too long for the pages to open and no one is bothering to respond or post new topics because it's a seven minute investment instead of seven seconds. When this gets fixed, things will pick up again.

    The funny thing is...I am not experiencing long page loading times at all. Technically, this board works just fine for me.

    Am I the only one?
    "Success comes before work, only in the dictionary"

    "If you do what you've always done,
    you'll get what you've always gotten"

    ___________
  • NubianNubian Posts: 13Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote:
    It's slow here because it takes too long for the pages to open and no one is bothering to respond or post new topics because it's a seven minute investment instead of seven seconds. When this gets fixed, things will pick up again.

    The funny thing is...I am not experiencing long page loading times at all. Technically, this board works just fine for me.

    Am I the only one?

    Ok, and just when I tried to post that I got an error message. :x I take it back :lol: Oh, the irony. Sorry for the DP
    "Success comes before work, only in the dictionary"

    "If you do what you've always done,
    you'll get what you've always gotten"

    ___________
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    What this board needs is more....

    ltkitty-ps2.jpg

    half-nekkid Patrick Stewart!!! :lol:
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    and then will you be asking what to do to stop the wars? will you be quoting Rodney King at us?

    I have no idea what she'll do, but I will either logic the thread to everyone's annoyance, or quote Monty Python randomly, or post...

    ltkitty-psthreaddie.JPG

    :mrgreen:
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    I have but one thing to say to you, KurlyKitty:

    Make it so!
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

    "Honey Badger don't care!"
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    oh my god KurlyKitty
    is that really him !!!!! nice :oops:
  • PoochiePoochie Posts: 293Registered Users
    bobw09.jpg

    :dance:dance.gif
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    kurlykitty wrote:
    What this board needs is more....

    ltkitty-ps2.jpg

    half-nekkid Patrick Stewart!!! :lol:

    KK, you always know how to make things better! :D
    YUMMY!
    
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • michellermicheller Posts: 470Registered Users
    I gotta agree with all those who have said its because the board is soooo slow. It takes too long to view a topic, and then to post - forgeddaboutit. :lol: And this happens for me on work computer (DSL) and at home (cable), so I don't know what the actual problem is.

    Actually, have to edit this, because I was just able to post very quickly!! Maybe the good ol days are here again.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    micheller wrote:
    I gotta agree with all those who have said its because the board is soooo slow. It takes too long to view a topic, and then to post - forgeddaboutit. :lol: And this happens for me on work computer (DSL) and at home (cable), so I don't know what the actual problem is.

    Actually, have to edit this, because I was just able to post very quickly!! Maybe the good ol days are here again.

    It seems to slow down throughout the day (for me, anyway). It's already slower than it was first thing this morning. :(
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Rock on with your bad self.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We upgraded some software on the server, and I pruned a bunch of posts (shutting the whole site down in the process :cry: ); lemme know if the speed issues improve.

    Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

    You are beautiful!
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:
    Even the trolls are bored by us, they don't visit anymore. .

    snicker: :lol:
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    SaKkeh wrote:
    FreeCurls wrote:
    Even the trolls are bored by us, they don't visit anymore. .

    snicker: :lol:

    It's summertime, I think they all went to camp.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    The board has been dull lately. Threads that were created last week are still on the same page. That never used to happen and if it did that thread was probaby a 10 pager. It used to be that if you posted a thread in the am, by noon it would be on page three.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
    I'm betting its the slow response time, and the new format is just hard to read so I'm pretty selective of what I read now.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    LisaAnn wrote:
    I'm betting its the slow response time, and the new format is just hard to read so I'm pretty selective of what I read now.

    Are you still having troubles w/ response time? We made several significant changes (as mentioned above), and so far, everyone's reporting better performance. Do you have the same troubles on more than one machine?

    Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

    You are beautiful!
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
    My problem seems to still be with the time it takes to post a reply, it is still lagging considerably.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote:
    LisaAnn wrote:
    I'm betting its the slow response time, and the new format is just hard to read so I'm pretty selective of what I read now.

    Are you still having troubles w/ response time? We made several significant changes (as mentioned above), and so far, everyone's reporting better performance. Do you have the same troubles on more than one machine?

    Seems faster to me.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

    3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    LisaAnn wrote:
    My problem seems to still be with the time it takes to post a reply, it is still lagging considerably.

    You might want to check some stuff on your end: network, browser, etc. I'll continue to investigate here.

    Glad to hear things are better for you, WCW!

    Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

    You are beautiful!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote:
    LisaAnn wrote:
    My problem seems to still be with the time it takes to post a reply, it is still lagging considerably.

    You might want to check some stuff on your end: network, browser, etc. I'll continue to investigate here.

    Glad to hear things are better for you, WCW!

    :D Well we appreciate that your working on it, personally it didn't bug me much but it's cool that it's faster now.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

    3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    kurlykitty wrote:

    I have no idea what she'll do, but I will either logic the thread to everyone's annoyance, or quote Monty Python randomly, or post...


    Bring us a shrubbery!!!!!!!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

    I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
«1