Really Oily skin

britt_dancing_girlbritt_dancing_girl Registered Users Posts: 34
What is the best kind of foundation/powder to use for my oily skin. I am using Maybellines Shine Free(oil control makeup). But it still doesn't work for me. My nose is the worst part. Also if you could recomend a foundation/ powder that is also really good for acne prone skin, it would help.
Britt - Type 3A curly hair

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    your best best is a liquid to powder foundation or a cream to powder foundation.

i know that the Canadian company Marcelle Cosmetics makes a cream to powder foundation that retails for about $14.00 at Shoppers Drug Mart. it's very light weight and goes on smoothly.

you might want to consider using a moisturizer specifically made for oil control too. MAC makes Oil Control Lotion and Neutrogena has MultiVitamin Facial Treatment. both of these products hydrate your skin, but help inhibit oil production.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Registered Users Posts: 53
    I'd suggest getting a new cleansing regime, including an oil control moisturiser. I use, and have previously recommended, the L'Oreal Pure Zone range and it's improved my skin no end.

As for make up, Neutrogena do a range specifically for acne prone skin, it includes foundation, concealer and poweder so maybe you could try that?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    Neutrogena makeup is not available in Canada.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • britt_dancing_girlbritt_dancing_girl Registered Users Posts: 34
    well actually i tried the Avon Pore-fection cleanser and it works really really well. It's suppose to help skin stay matte for up to 8 hours and it does just that!!! I love to use it right after my gym workouts (when the sweat is just dripping down my face) it gets all that oil and dirt and my face stays so clean and fresh(and shine -free) after for a really long time. I definatly reccomend it for people with oily skin. :D
    Britt - Type 3A curly hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file