Over Conditioned was the issue - Thank you all!

xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
Ok...after having 2 weeks of fluffy soft fuzzy curls you gurus here figured out I was over conditioned. So two days of using a sulphate free poo and lighter conditioner my hair is already looking better.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Maybe I really can use products with proteins! :)
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    speaking of over condtioning, Im very confused and lost with lots of questions.
    Ok,
    When and how can you tell you are over condtioning your hair?
    Is there a point where you can basically tell your hair is going to be over condtioned?
    What other non shampoo methods is there to revive the hair's moisture balance?

P.s. anyone ever used the Moisture Balancing Aphogee treatment, does it work?

Im done, sorry for the all questions but i've been puzzled about this for a while now.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I wish I could help you but as you can see I didn't even know what was going on. I hope someone else chimes in and helps you.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RedheadedcurlsRedheadedcurls Registered Users Posts: 210
    If I've overconditioned my hair, no styling product seems to hold the curl-- my hair gets poofy.
    3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

PW: curls
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    xcptnl wrote:
    Ok...after having 2 weeks of fluffy soft fuzzy curls you gurus here figured out I was over conditioned. So two days of using a sulphate free poo and lighter conditioner my hair is already looking better.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Maybe I really can use products with proteins! :)

That's great that your hair is doing better! YAY!

StellaBaby - when my hair is overconditioned, it is very, very soft but it's also frizzy and looks very dry, even though it isn't. If it feels very dry and straw-like, as if it could or would actually break, that could be a sensitivity to proteins.

As far as being able to tell when your hair is going to be overconditioned, all I can tell you is that will probably just take experimenting and trial & error. I know my hair will probably be overconditioned if I co-wash more than 4 or 5 days in a row. Right now, I co-wash for 3-4 days in a row and then use a sulfate-free shampoo and it works for me. Also, if I DT too oftten when my hair doesn't really need it, I'll get overconditioned big time. BUT that took me quite awhile to figure out.

I'm modified CG so I don't know for sure what a non-shampoo method would be -- maybe an ACV wash or lemon aid rinse?
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I've overconditioned my hair, no styling product seems to hold the curl-- my hair gets poofy.

What do you do to fix it and does it get better immediately after you do your thing or does it take a couple of days.

I am still struggling some with mine - I am getting the 'halo' effect now :(

I updated my fotki today too - I wanted to see if it looked any better and I wanted to get some photos in there before I do the Deva cut :D
    Central Massachusetts

I think your curls look great. I can see the "halo" in the last picture -- looks like mine if I scrunch too much with my hands when it's not really wet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey - nothing wrong with a halo right? :D
    Central Massachusetts

Don't all angels have halos? :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    msgiblet-thank you for the tips. I think i have an idea of what you mean. Im sure now that my hair was over conditioned a couple of times lol.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09