The official pregger-poll!

NaughtyParsonBrownNaughtyParsonBrown Registered Users Posts: 12
I am! And i felt like running a poll to find out who else is :P
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
Q: What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

A: SLAP!

Comments

• EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    i'm not, and i'm dying to find out how many others are not :wink:

congrats !!!
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    I was 3 mos & 2 days ago, but not today :wink:
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • NaughtyParsonBrownNaughtyParsonBrown Registered Users Posts: 12
    thanks curlytop...

loosecurls, congrats and pics?

• EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    wooohoooo! i forgot about you being a new mommy loosy congrats
    are you getting any sleep yet ?
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
    NPB & CT34
    TY! She's an absolute JOY!! She's been sleeping thru the night (anything longer than 5 hrs @ a pop is considered "the night")for about 2 mos now! Her average bedtime is 1030 & she sleeps anywhere from 8-11 hrs at night! I'm one well rested mama! Much better than the 1st month & a half where she was falling asleep between midnight & 4 am!

There were many many mornings where DH would get up @ 4 for work & I'd still be up w/ the wee one!

We added some pics yesterday including her pool pics!

www.fotki.com/loosecurls

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
    loosecurls wrote:
    Too Cute!
    Hey, Loosecurls -- do you mind me asking, are you working right now?
    I am fretting about what to do once the baby is born, and I have to leave him/her alone.

• Bonnie.Bonnie. Registered Users Posts: 95
    Loosecurls - she's beautiful!!

Sigh, sometimes I want to be pg again and then I think I'm losing my mind. My baby is going to be a year old in a few weeks and I don't know where the time went.
    NPB---

I worked a 2 day event for Lancome last month & that's been it. Luckily DH was off so he watched her.

We've been talking about what's going to happen when he leaves later this yr (he'll be gone 1 yr). Our families are too far away to watch her (his in VA, mine in VT) so I'll be looking for childcare on a not so regular basis (unless I wind up working steadily like I did before she was born). I don't want to start WW72 1/2 here but IMHO the choice is yours & your hubbies. If you want to go back to work & choose to put the wee one in day care then that is the best thing for your family. A happy mommy is a good mommy & that leads to a happy baby & family. If you decide to be a SAHM & are happy w/ that then again, happy mommy=good mommy=happy baby.

When are you due?? Have you started looking for day care? What to Expect the 1st Year has a section on choosing child care--what to look for etc. Ask people at work who they use & would they recommend them. People are usually pretty honest when it comes to a recommendation like that.

Bonnie---I miss being pregnant & having Betsy's movements all to myself! I love having her here w/ us & there isn't anything better than walking into a room, having her see me & this huge smile spreads across her face! While I love being her mother & watching her experience our world I do miss that anticipation of motherhood!

• AlwayscurlyAlwayscurly Registered Users Posts: 35 Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations, Parson Brown!

Loosecurls - Betsy is just adorable!!
    loosecurls wrote:
    I don't want to start WW72 1/2 here but IMHO the choice is yours & your hubbies. If you want to go back to work & choose to put the wee one in day care then that is the best thing for your family. A happy mommy is a good mommy & that leads to a happy baby & family. If you decide to be a SAHM & are happy w/ that then again, happy mommy=good mommy=happy baby.

I am not really adverse to daycare for children -- but I just can't help thinking infants need their mommy. I guess, I am just worried that a kindercare employee will bond with my child before I get a chance to. While I would love to be a stay at home mom... I don't really have that luxury. The hubby works, but I am the primary breadwinner in this relationship. Maybe in a few years situations will be reversed -- and then we can work on the second child :lol:
    When are you due?? Have you started looking for day care? What to Expect the 1st Year has a section on choosing child care--what to look for etc. Ask people at work who they use & would they recommend them. People are usually pretty honest when it comes to a recommendation like that.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I have started poking around the web researching childcare options, but I haven't started seriously looking.
    We are due in early Dec. so I have a little time.

• GivenWings2flyGivenWings2fly Registered Users Posts: 1
    I am! Just got confirmation by a doc today, but took four hpt's since monday and all four were + :D Right now I am so nervous because I had a miscarriage in march and scared that it is going to happen again. Every little pain I worry about and when I don't feel anything at all I still worry for not feeling anything. The worrying just won't seem to stop.
    Hairtype: Fine/thick 3A, 3B curls that is past my shoulders!

event.png
    Congrats Wings and good luck to you!

• CortniCortni Registered Users Posts: 19
    Right now I am so nervous because I had a miscarriage in march and scared that it is going to happen again. Every little pain I worry about and when I don't feel anything at all I still worry for not feeling anything. The worrying just won't seem to stop.

I am! I'm 5 weeks and some odd days (first pregnancy). Because it's so early, I worry about miscarriage, but I'm trying not to because I know there's nothing I can do about it. I'll be much more relieved once I reach 12 weeks.
    3b
  • melloweermelloweer Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    I have retired my body from having any more children (in my own mind not by doctor doing something to me) so thankfully at the moment in time I"m not

Congrats to those that are preggers!
  • WavyWendyWavyWendy Registered Users Posts: 138
    Me too! I am due in Feb/2005. :D
    I miscarried at the beginning of the year, but am hopeful that this one will work out ...

Congrats to all the preggies !!

:)
    Wendy
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Registered Users Posts: 168
    CONGRATS to all that are pregnant, that is absolutely wonderful! Loosecurls, Betsy is adorable!!! I am not pregnant yet, but we are still trying and hoping :):)
    Kudos to all the preggo curlies!! Wishing you healthy full term pregnancies!! Enjoy this special time in your life! As wonderful & amazing as it is to have your baby in your arms there is NOTHING like being the only one to feel your child move & have them all to yourself! Plus it's really nice having all the attention on you! Hee!

Amerasiancurls----good luck!! Sending you bebe making vibes! Are you sniffing musk oil?? Pick some up (I got mine @ Saks ---its by Kiehl's) & sniff it 2x a day or wear it as perfume & whiff occasionally!) Sounds bizarre but it totally works!

• amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Registered Users Posts: 168
    loosecurls wrote:
    Amerasiancurls----good luck!! Sending you bebe making vibes! Are you sniffing musk oil?? Pick some up (I got mine @ Saks ---its by Kiehl's) & sniff it 2x a day or wear it as perfume & whiff occasionally!) Sounds bizarre but it totally works!

Musk oil? Really? I had never heard of that before, but at this point, anything is worth a shot! I'll be looking for some this weekend! Thanks so much ;)
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    loosecurls wrote:
    NPB & CT34
    TY! She's an absolute JOY!! She's been sleeping thru the night (anything longer than 5 hrs @ a pop is considered "the night")for about 2 mos now! Her average bedtime is 1030 & she sleeps anywhere from 8-11 hrs at night! I'm one well rested mama! Much better than the 1st month & a half where she was falling asleep between midnight & 4 am!

There were many many mornings where DH would get up @ 4 for work & I'd still be up w/ the wee one!

www.fotki.com/loosecurls

Woman. Betsy is ADORABLE. I want one. But no, we're not preggers yet. :)

Also, loosecurls, thanks for your insight on working and being a mommy. I appreciate that. Working moms are the debbil to some people. :(
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amerasian--I learned about the musk oil in a book called A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman. A great read!! She talks about musk oil & that women who sniff it have shorter periods, ovulate more regularly & have an easier chance of conceiving. I sniffed it before DH came home last summer & got pregnant w/in 48 hrs of him being home. I recommended it to a couple friends & they too are preg. now. Could be dumb luck but I'm convinced of the powers of the musk!!!

PH---I am LOVING being a SAHM. My day doesn't revolve around anyone else's time other than Betsy's but that being said the 2 day event I did was the BEST! I was able to be makeupartistLaurie not stayathomemommylaurie. I enjoyed being able to have ME time. I missed Betsy & was able to enjoy time w/ her when I got home but the time away from her was good for me as well as her. She got quality time w/ Daddy w/out any interference from me.

I firmly believe that I I I I (okay Dh too!) know what is best for Hunter, Betsy & I---not my mom, my MIL or anyone else. If I choose to stay home & am happy w/ my choice then why should anyone feel they are "expert" enough to judge me? That being said, if I choose to go back to work part or full time & put my daughter in day care then it's what is best for all of us. I said it before & I'll say it again---a happy mommy is a good mommy!

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair and amerasiancurls, hubby and I are trying too to become preggars. It's been 10 months so far. I had a miscarriage in April but we were only a few weeks along.

I think I'll have to give musk oil a try. :lol: Where is the best place to find this? Is it expensive?
    I got mine @ Saks @ the Kiehl's counter a few yrs ago (I used to blend it w/ the coriander oil. Sounds strange but they smell nice together) & I think it was around $25?? You can probably get a bottle @ any healthfood store or a store that sells essential oils.

Sending healthy bebe vibes to you!!

I don't know about all this musk oil hoodoo, but plain old fashion seminal fluid did it for me :lol: The husbsand went away on a business trip, and when he got back -- I guess he was extra potent, cause all I had to do was look at the penis.

• curlyincanadacurlyincanada Registered Users Posts: 34
    I'm preggers with #2, due in late December.

I didn't need any tricks to get pg, I just have to stand downwind of dh and I land in the maternity ward!

Amy is 13 months old now. The kids will be about 19 months apart.
    Keep an open mind and an open heart. Don't take life too seriously - it doesn't last forever, you know. And may I remind you for the last time, keep your crayons sharp, keep your sticky tape untangled and always put the top back on your markers.
  • marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    not pregnant here but we're not avoiding it either ;)

Congratulations to all the pregnant curlies! My bit of advice, research your birthing choices NOW. Also, trust your instincts as a parent when responding to your baby - they never fail.

I'm also a SAHM and didn't plan on it (I dare anyone to say that ANY mom is not a working mom) but like loosecurls said, it's your decision and either way parenting is an immense responsibility.
  • SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    I'm expecting my 2nd son on October 1. New baby was definitely a nice surprise since we weren't trying for it. They will be 2 years 4 months apart in age. I'm hoping my first son will be a big helper for the new baby! He knows that I have a baby in my belly, but I'm not sure that he understands that it's going to come out at some point and live with us forever. He's a good boy, so I'm sure he'll adjust the best that he can.

I just recently became a stay at home mom. I wanted to spend quality time with the 2 year old before new baby comes. I have some things that I would like to work on like toilet training (maybe) and getting him to stay in his room through the whole night. I also wanted to enjoy the summer for once. It sucks having to work all the time and we are having the best weather this summer!!!

Congrats to all the other preggos and good luck to all of you who are trying!
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I am. I'm due in early October too, Sigi. It will be our first.

Congrats to all the other pregnant curlies.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Bonnie---I miss being pregnant & having Betsy's movements all to myself! I love having her here w/ us & there isn't anything better than walking into a room, having her see me & this huge smile spreads across her face! While I love being her mother & watching her experience our world I do miss that anticipation of motherhood!

Ditto! I loved being pg...and I miss my baby moving around in my belly.

I just had baby #2 a week ago. For me, there is nothing sweeter on this earth.

Congrats to all the pregnant curlies!
  • PoPo Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    I just had baby #2 a week ago. For me, there is nothing sweeter on this earth.

Hey- don't try to sneak a mini announcement in the conversation! Where's the big post with all the confetti and fanfare? You're so modest... :wink:

Congratulations, mama! :D
    3c/4a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file