We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Great Braiding Instructions...fantastic.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamweaverbraiding.com%2FBraiding_Tips.htm" class="Popup

Most braids are ancient braiding techniques from Ireland but I am sure all ethnicities may enjoy these great looks. There are a few I want to try for sure.

Red
3B, CG,Corkscrew
Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
Irish-American Curly
Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
RedheadCurly

Comments

• IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to find new styles to wear my hair in but I'm a bit "style challenged". Those instructions seem pretty clear and I like that there are pictures to go along with them(I'm a more visual learner). There are some that I'm sure I will never be able to do like that arwen braid for example. :shock:
  • wildsheepchasewildsheepchase Posts: 161Registered Users
    Wow, what a great site! Sometimes I wish I would have hair that's long enough to braid–but then I wouldn't have anyone to braid it, so perhaps it's for the best that my hair is shoulder-length.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    These are nice - I wish I had someone to braid my hair. I can do a French braid if my hair is traightened, but I can't work with it myself when it's curly. I'm too style challenged I guess.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    I find it easier to braid my hair when it is wet.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    cjc wrote:
    I find it easier to braid my hair when it is wet.
    Seriously, it's the only way I could detangle my hair enough to get 3 separate strands without ripping out half my hair. :P
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love that site, I used to practice some of the braids there all the time. A loose herringbone isn't too hard and looks good with curly hair.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to find new styles to wear my hair in but I'm a bit "style challenged". Those instructions seem pretty clear and I like that there are pictures to go along with them(I'm a more visual learner). There are some that I'm sure I will never be able to do like that arwen braid for example. :shock:

I could have written the same reply. :wink: Think I might try the twist braid today since I'm just going to the gym, thanks to it being a holiday here. :mrgreen: I prefer the more simple ones, with the exception of the Arwen, that one is just gorgeous. I can't imagine having to unbraid that one though. :shock: :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this! I'll be so glad when my hair is long enough to do some fun stuff like this.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    That is a great website! I want to try a lot of those braids. :D
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    Very cool site! I'm all thumbs & elbows so the pics are very handy- thanks for posting this!
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file