Really want to try CG

WildflowerWildflower Registered Users Posts: 112
But dont know if I can take the first 6 weeks!

Would these products be okay?

CO: MOP Mixed Greens
Hair Product: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam or KMS Curl Up Balm (appears to be Silicone free - has Dimethicone Copolyl (sp?)
pw: curls

Comments

• RedheadedcurlsRedheadedcurls Registered Users Posts: 210
    If you post the ingredients, that are curlies that will be able to tell you for sure if they are CG friendly. The-cone you listed is water soluble and is CG friendly.

This is a great routine for many- I've only been doing it several weeks now but already I have noticed a dramatic difference in my hair. Doesn't feel dry, much more curl. And I haven't had any transition problems- no itchy scalp, etc. Good luck!
    3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

PW: curls
  • WildflowerWildflower Registered Users Posts: 112
    Okay - im on day 3 and about to give up!

My hair has the "Please give me a good wash" look about it. :(:(:(
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    Koukla72 wrote:
    The point is, there's no CG Police that's going to come and get you if you do it one way or the other. ;) The only right way is the way your hair is telling you to do it.

Giggling at the thought of a bunch curlies running into a house - storming up the stairs to the bathroom. :D
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    xcptnl wrote:
    Koukla72 wrote:
    The point is, there's no CG Police that's going to come and get you if you do it one way or the other. ;) The only right way is the way your hair is telling you to do it.

Giggling at the thought of a bunch curlies running into a house - storming up the stairs to the bathroom. :D

Totally! :D

Just a question - if you do a CO wash in between shampooing - can you just buy a supermarket one (cone free of course) for fine hair - just to keep it light?

I think i will give my hair a good clarify tonight, followed by leaving some conditioner in for a couple of hours, then only shampoo once a week. :?
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    If you want to do the CG method, the goal is to only CO wash once a week, and for wavies, a sulfate free shampoo once a week. It will take your scalp at least 3 to 6 weeks to adjust, so you can CO wash a couple of times a week the first 2 weeks. The other days, a water wash while scrubbing your scalp with your fingers and rinsing well is enough to get rid of greasies. Then condition well to get the tangles out, rinse most of it out, and then add a cone free styling product.

However, there are some who CO wash 2-3 times a week, or even everyday, but in time that can lead to overconditioned hair.

Many curly girls are happy with Suave natural conditioners or the VO5 moisture milk conditioners. They are cone free and cheap, too. Those with thicker, dryer hair usually need a heavier conditioner, though.

Stick with the no poo routine at least for a month, and you will probably be surprised at how healthy your scalp and hair feel and look. It may even bring out more waves and curls than you thought you had!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    I guess thats my issue - I have 3b hair.

Fine in texture, but a lot of it. Lately my hair has been fluffy and Ive been blaming the rain - but I am starting to wonder if I am getting conditioner friendly.

*sigh*

Its just getting through those first few weeks of feeling I have dirty hair and trying not to wash it.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • jujucabanajujucabana Registered Users Posts: 153
    v05 was def too drying for my hair. garneir caused buildup (not CG friendly) and i'm still trying to find a happy medium.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file