We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

NEW ORLEANS: recommendation for hairdresser

In post Katrina N'Awlins, many hairdressers have not returned. Mine has not and I have been seeking someone that is right for me, since the hurricane. I am told by another forum user that I can find a hairdresser in my city that specializes in cutting curly hair, by posting in this forum

Because I have 'cowlicks' and hair is radically thinning with age, the best results, FOR ME, have been from a dry cut. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BACKGROUND INFO: I am not naturally curly. I have always had very thin, limp hair, not straight, but unruly. When I turned 45, my hair began thinning and I gave up curlers and have a perm about every 6-8 months. Tight spirals make my hair look thicker and give it more body.

Any referral will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from the banana lady

Comments

• rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    Hi Banana Lady!

Thought I'd bump up your post with a couple of photos from my trip to New Orleans in March. I WANT TO COME BACK!!

2131977180101185537S600x600Q85.jpg

2611020580101185537S600x600Q85.jpg
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file