CurlTalk

Need a straightening gel to loosen curls to waves, NO HEAT.

I have 3A-B curls and I want to use a gel that will loosen them up to very soft waves, almost straight without any heat, irons involved.

But I wouldn't want a greasy or oily gel to weigh the hair down to make it straight.

Does this miracle product exist?.

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    If you have a Sally's nearby, I'd suggest Aura Hypoallergenic Gel. It seems to make curls a bit wavier without weighing them down (it's CG) for alot of curlies. Although I could never get it to work for my hair, it did make my hair wavier (even though I'm more of a wavy to begin with!).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    PhytoDefrisant is a cream that is supposed to straighten hair. It's quite pricey though.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Prior to wearing my hair curly all the time I tried the so-called "curl activator" gels (main ingredient: propylene glycol) thinking they would make my hair curlier but it was the total opposite, although they left my hair very soft I barely had any waves in it so maybe you can give one them a try. You can find them at the ethnic hair section of any drug, supermarket or department store.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Ecostyler (Sally Beauty Supply) made my hair heavier and a bit straighter. It's a heavy gel. Miss Jessie's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly pudding[/buylink] will do it if you do the "shingling" method. Actually any styler with the shingling method will straighten the curl. Google Miss Jessies for instructions.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    bump
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.