THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!!

I just wanted to share. I have been on CG since November, so about 6 months. I love CG. My hair looks great. The tips I would give you all would be not to overcondition, do scalp scrubs and just get to the point where you can be gentle on your scalp and hair. I know it is a long journey.

I just recently bought this conditioner and my hair looks fantastic. I co-wash about 2 to 3 times a week, have had to do it a little more often since it is almost summer and my hair is getting quite dry.

-Sunsilk, the pink bottle
-Herbal Essances, totally twisted hair gel. It works fantastic.

I also have been paying special attention to the ends as they tend to get dry. My hair looks great..... I even have this huge stunning corkscrew curl that is amazing. The code of my hair is coming back, and it falls right into place now. I rarely have to use clips, or plunking now. The chemical make up of my hair has been allowed to "just be."

I sometimes use Marc Anthony gel, Strictly Curls... helpful, but lately prefer the Herbal Essance...need more. :D:D:D

I have great shine too, don't even need lots of extra oil, or any oil spray of vegetable glycerin ...try it, I think you will like it. Happy Curls.

Red
3B, CG,Corkscrew
Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
Irish-American Curly
Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
RedheadCurly

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    You're CG? The Sunsilk product is very UN-CG:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Citric Acid, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Ethoxydiglycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4 (CI 15510), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Are you clarifying with a sulfate every once in a while to remove cyclopentasiloxane? That's the evil cone... :lol:
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Citric Acid, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Ethoxydiglycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4 (CI 15510), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Are you clarifying with a sulfate every once in a while to remove cyclopentasiloxane? That's the evil cone... :lol:

Lol omgoodness yes esp the xane one
    I accidently put it in my hair without re-reviewing the ingedients to a styling mousse I stopped using a while ago and I basically ended up with extremely dry frizzy hair,

But I guess some ppl's hair works with cones in it
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber

Lol omgoodness yes esp the xane one
    I accidently put it in my hair without re-reviewing the ingedients to a styling mousse I stopped using a while ago and I basically ended up with extremely dry frizzy hair,

But I guess some ppl's hair works with cones in it
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Registered Users Posts: 230
    I was pretty certain as long as it does not end in cone we are fine. That means there is very little of it in the ingredients. I use a clarifier every once in awhile. Have not had to shampoo in a very long time. I looked at the ingredietns, the only ones I worry about are the cones. Those are the ones to watch out for. Thanks.

Red
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly
    i thought the same thing too.
    I used to wonder why my hair felt so dry everytime i used a certain product.. turns out it had Cyclopentasiloxane in it. and twice too.
    It was a killer to remove but my hair is recovering now.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    Stella- Thank you.
    Here are the ingredients that I am reading straight off of the bottle:
    Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Quternium-18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Gycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM, Hydatoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Ace-tate [Vitamen E Acetate], Citric Acid, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Ethoxydiglycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4(C1 15510), Red 33 (C17200).
    :roll: Red
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly
    It is beginning to appear to me that being CG is almost impossible. I am getting tired of never finding products that work, or being loaded down with conditioner. I have yet to order from NaturallyCurly but am sure it is costly. I love my hair but I am beginning to think what is the use, it is too hard to keep up. Now I am dissappointed. :( My hair has been looking so fantastic, shiny and bouncy.

I really like Nature's Gate but I go through about a bottle every week and a half at $8 a bottle it adds up...any chance of being CG on a reasonable budget???

Thanks...just irritated now.
    Red
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    The real (chemical) name of silicones is siloxanes, so that one certainly is a 'cone. Dimethiconol is also a 'cone but it's not a heavy duty one, I've been able to use occasionally without need of shampooing.

I want to tell you not to stress yourself out thinking CG is "almost impossible" because sometimes it's OK to be flexible. If this routine is working for you, at least for now, just enjoy it. We all respond differently to 'cones so sometimes it's possible to use them moderately for a while and you'll know soon enough if/when it stops working.

It's true that there's little to choose from at drugstores and stores like Wal-mart, K-mart, etc., but you can also choose a good CG-friendly CO from a health food store.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    The xanes are cones and therefore not CG... BUT if this has been working for you, you don't HAVE to be CG. If your hair looks great with what you use (and you can get it out with only an occasional shampoo), then I see no reason not to continue what you're doing. Don't be disappointed! If you're hair looks good, who cares what hair "religion" you're following? :D
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Halfwavy and Bailey- Thanks a million. It has been a heck of a week and I am trying to maintain my good attitude and being squushed with the "no cone" thing for my hair, made me sad. I feel a little better now. LOL Eventually I will spring for some good CG products. I don't want to stray too much as it has done wonders for my hair...it was a bit dissappointing, I am ok now. :D
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    I'm glad you're feeling better about the whole thing, I imagine how you must've felt, all pumped up believing you were "full CG" only to find out the "darn 'cones" had slipped in anyway. :? But believe me, you're definitely not the first one this has happened to and I'm sure you won't be the last either and now I don't think there will be any more surprises for you in that area so you'll be able to shop with more confidence in the future. ;)
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
    LOL Thanks. You are right. But I am getting wiser. I thought I just screened the heck out of all the conditioners...well, now I know.
    :D Redheadcurly--Marie
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly
  • vus_cookievus_cookie Registered Users Posts: 12
    Hello

Im new here :) Im an asian girl with rather thick and curly/wavy hair. I live in malaysia so the products here are limited. Can anyone please recommend a CG condtioner and gel? They have Joico and Redken and some others. Are they any good?

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    LOL Thanks. You are right. But I am getting wiser. I thought I just screened the heck out of all the conditioners...well, now I know.
    :D Redheadcurly--Marie

Yeah it's hard to find a conditioner with or without the ingredients you want. If you clarify though, you should be good. Hopefully the conditioner won't lead to issues over time for you. Just keep using it until you either a) notice something wrong or b) find an affordable alternative :)

BTW where do you buy the NG conditioner for $8? I get it for $5 - $6...most of the health stores/organic shops sell them at that price here, but I have noticed the newer, longer rectangular NG bottles are more pricey...
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    RedheadCurly2007 - If you have a Regis or a walmart salon near you, you could try the Regis Olive Oil conditioner. It's CG and has been compared to the quality of Elucence. If you're patient and wait for a sale, they sometimes have the liters for $10 or BOGO free.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Stella- Thank you.
    Here are the ingredients that I am reading straight off of the bottle:
    Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Quternium-18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Gycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM, Hydatoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Ace-tate [Vitamen E Acetate], Citric Acid, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Ethoxydiglycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4(C1 15510), Red 33 (C17200).
    :roll: Red

oh wow its right there on the very top.
    i think its gonna be a pain to remove.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    It is beginning to appear to me that being CG is almost impossible. I am getting tired of never finding products that work, or being loaded down with conditioner. I have yet to order from NaturallyCurly but am sure it is costly. I love my hair but I am beginning to think what is the use, it is too hard to keep up. Now I am dissappointed. :( My hair has been looking so fantastic, shiny and bouncy.

I really like Nature's Gate but I go through about a bottle every week and a half at $8 a bottle it adds up...any chance of being CG on a reasonable budget???

Thanks...just irritated now.
    Red

I feel your "irritation" lol
    Hey dont give up now, you've come far enough.
    I use v05, and right now im on a mission to try every flavor they have going on. if i tell you all the flavors i have stacked on my shelf you'll not believe... and the reason why i get to do this is because its soooo cheap.. 99cents? come on you cant beat that.

oh what the hell..here's myv05 collection
    4 Tea therapy
    3 sun kissed raspberry
    3 balsam & protein
    2 kiwi & lime
    1 champagne kiss
    1 strawberries & cream
    1 passion fruit smoothie
    1 free me freesia with aloe extract
    1 juicy mango passion
    and all for a dollar :)

I used to be a big fan of suave milk and honey but they basically took it off the shelves.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    Dominican- At my healthfood store. What I want to do is buy it in bulk so I can be loaded up. My hair is getting long.... love that. Thanks for the info.

Bailey- Hey I want to try that... sounds great.

Stella- LOL I definately was having a "Curlygirl" meltdown... I was so regimented and BAM-O a darn cone. He he.

Is there an "ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY list" a CG could get? I am cone-dumb so need a list for the newly awakened, ha ha.

To the lady from Malyasia. I am stumped on where you could get some cone-free products. The only thing I can think of is to go online. Surf the boards the ladies here are a wealth of information.

Take care, and remember everyone sing it loud and sing it proud, I AM CURLY GIRL... HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!

Redheadcurly
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Irish-American Curly
    RedheadCurly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file