CG

snapssnow92snapssnow92 Posts: 170Registered Users
can anyone tell me what is so great about going CG. right now i am using all the "right" products but shampoo everyday and my hair looks fine. should i try CG or will i just have problems? also, im in high school and my mom doesnt think that it is clean and neither do i. i feel like my hair will be gross if i dont shampoo! thanks in advance for your info!!!!
~Snaps~

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    If you don't use sulfates, you should be fine. If you go CG, you won't need to shampoo because there would be little to nothing to get out. The only way your hair can be "dirty" is if you use cones and waxes that would build up on your hair. If you think that your hair needs more moisture, try just cowashing. =]
    3b-3c CG
  • snapssnow92snapssnow92 Posts: 170Registered Users
    ok, im officially going to try CG! my mom agreed to let me do it so here i go....how do u co wash?
    ~Snaps~
    question, are these conditioners CG?

Alberto V05 Herbal Escapes Kiwi and Lime Squeeze
    (benzophenone is what i dont know and i cannot find the ingrediants anywhere on line)

and

Alberto V05 Moisture MIlks Strawberries and Cream

Is it ok to use the Kiwi conditioner first as a clarifyer and then use the strawberry one?

I'm learning!!!!!!
    ~Snaps~
    Both conditioners are CG friendly. To co wash, you use conditioner to scrub your scalp with your fingertips (like you would with shampoo), then rinse and condition with either the same or a different conditioner. I think it's important to clarify with a regular sulfate shampoo before starting- if you haven't already.
    3b-3c CG
    i washed my hair with baby shampoo on monday night, is that good? thanks for the info!
    ~Snaps~
    It depends on if it has sodium/ammonium laureth/lauryl sulfate that would remove hard to remove cones like cyclopentasiloxane and other waxy ingredients.
    3b-3c CG
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Have you heard of the book "Curly Girl" by Loraine Massey? I think you should probably read it before you start CG. It is an amazing resource! It has routines, recipies, and is the best way to start.
    Here's a summary of it on NC:
    www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=97420
    Another website about the book (but don't trust the product recs):
    www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/
    I'm pretty sure all the vo5 Co's are CG, but here's a great thread that reviews CO's in great detail:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=91196
    You can still use mild shampoos, that don't contain harsh sulfates, occasionally. Most baby shampoos DO contain sulfates. :( You may get build up from silicones or proteins while on CG. You can use one of the recipies in the book or a shampoo to get rid of buildup. Benzophenone is a sunscreen. I use this list to identify ingredients:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=326
    I think there is a whole other forum about going CG. You have to try CG for at least 2-3 weeks before you give up because your hair has to adjust! I hope this helps. :D
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

i read the curly girl book and ive been on cg for about a week now and i think it is working.... i am going to give it a few more weeks before deciding anything, thanks for all ur info, i cant wait to check out all the links!

:D
    ~Snaps~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file