3a/3b + oregon coast = FRIZZ.

ashleygoesdiscoashleygoesdisco Posts: 3Registered Users
a couple weeks ago i was on the oregon coast, checking out the school that i am planning to attend next year, and i was outside walking for, maybe an hour. i had straightened my hair that morning, and by the time i was done walking outside, it was huuuuge. :shock:

so. im new to the whole 2/3/4 curls thing, but i believe that i am 3a/3b. i am looking for something that will relax my curls and frizz to the point of about 2a when it air dries. i DONT want stick straight hair, just something that stays down when it air dries, rather than frizzing and looking gross. im going to be in the water several times a week and i dont want to have to wear a hat, or go blow dry my hair every time i am.

i was looking at one and only, maybe that would work if i left it on for a small amount of time?? :lol:

help?!?

Comments

• ashleygoesdiscoashleygoesdisco Posts: 3Registered Users
    hello?
  • chelseacharmschelseacharms Posts: 54Registered Users
    well theres One N Only curl remover, I've heard good things about that
    college student
    www.fotki.com/chelseababy
    pw:curls
  • chelseacharmschelseacharms Posts: 54Registered Users
    i was looking at one and only, maybe that would work if i left it on for a small amount of time?? :lol:

help?!?

Oh sorry I guess you already thought about that. Yeah One N Only is supposed to work (you dont necessarily have to buy One N Only there are probably other brands of the same chemical)
    college student
    www.fotki.com/chelseababy
    pw:curls
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    Ahh yes, I live near the Oregon coast and can totally relate to the frizz problem you had! I have 3a/b hair and I used the Frederic Fekkai straightening gel which kind of helped relax my hair if you rake it through and don't scrunch, and then top with a gel. That could work for you, although it is expensive, so maybe just try some straightening gel and do what I said above. Good luck! Have fun on the coast, it's so pretty even if the water is FREEZING!!
  • ashleygoesdiscoashleygoesdisco Posts: 3Registered Users
    wonderdoodle, is that something that will stay in after i get in the water?
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    I don't think it will help after you get in the water, since it's like almost any other product and will rinse out a bit. However, I know sea water is great for some peoples hair!! The salt really helps define it. (I'm assuming you're talking about getting in the ocean, for which I commend you!! I have gone in before in a wetsuit, but afterwards.. ahh it's scary for me, haha). Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much because I don't think there's a whole lot you can do, sadly. How often do you plan on being on the beach? For me, the things that frizzes up my hair is all the wind, less than the humidity. But for humidity, try a really good gel... I think I've heard that Ouidad Climate Control is great for that. You could also just put your hair in a braid! Looks pretty cute on most people and keeps your hair from going wild, afterwards it gives me pretty good curl, too. GOOD LUCK!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file