Sunblock Recs not from drug-store

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
I've been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 45 for about a week and it gave me a itchy rash on my arms, neck and face (where I applied).

So I need something else now and Sheer would be great! I use Clinique, Lancome and Estee Lauder products. Any recs in this lines?

Thanks!

Comments

• Confused CurlyConfused Curly Registered Users Posts: 229
    anonymous wrote:
    I've been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 45 for about a week and it gave me a itchy rash on my arms, neck and face (where I applied).

So I need something else now and Sheer would be great! I use Clinique, Lancome and Estee Lauder products. Any recs in this lines?

Thanks!

Out of those three the only skin care line I like is Estee Lauder. I liked their SPF 30 for the face. Another one I liked is Shisheido SPF 50 but that only works if you are on the lighter side of the skin spectrum because it is WHITE. I'm currently using Bio-Derma SPF 100 which is also a bit white. Another brand I like is Peter Thomas Roth which is available at Sephora.

I'm not all that pale but I'm wrinkle-phobic. I'm a 2 or a 3 in MAC foundation depending on the season.

I can't use the cheap stuff, nor can I use anything with Avobenzone (Pasrol 1729 - or whatever that number is) because it makes me break out. All of the above products work on sensitive skin. The active ingredient in all of them except the Bio-Derma is either Zinc or Titanium Oxide. I have no clue what the active ingredient is in the Bio-Derma. It's imported from Europe so it must be something the FDA doesn't like but it doesn't make me breakout so I don't care. :P
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • AmbrosiaAmbrosia Registered Users Posts: 60
    Peter Thomas Roth has a really good spf 30 with titanium oxide in it. its really thick so not a joy to put on, but im deathly afraid of the sun and ive tried tons of brands. and i like PTR the best, by far. IMO i tend to steer cleer of cosmetic makeup brands that also make skin products. makeup companies specialize in makeup and then try to sell the makeup users their skincare products, which i find to be under par compared to skincare companies that specialize in exactly that: skincare.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    My mom has been using the Body Shop's sunscreens for years and loves them.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file