Start over?

stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
I recently went shampoo less. Everything was going great. I feel in love with v05 conditioners and I thought it would be safe to go for their [bAlberto VO5 Red Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse [/b]-which i purchased a while back but stopped using (i forget why) up until I heard about hidden “cones” so basically recently my hair has been feeling extremely dry, im loosing my curl patterns & strands of hair. I already clarifier about 2 days ago with no luck.
So what should I do now? Do I just need a little shampoo after all?

p.s. here are the ingredients & picture;
33_2.JPG
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Isobutane, Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, VP/VA Copolymer, Propane, Polyquaternium 11, Polysorbate 20, PVP, Polyquaternium 4, PPG 12-PEG-50 Lanolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 7, Olealkonium Chloride, PPG 9 Diethylmonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)

Thank you
strickly CG.
BCed Jan 27,07
I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
My hair survives on;
Suave naturals
Herbal essences set me up gel
Amla powder
Other lovies; :laughing8:
[Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
hairpic.png
Taken Feb 21,09
Blogger
Youtuber

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    stellaBaby wrote:
    I recently went shampoo less. Everything was going great. I feel in love with v05 conditioners and I thought it would be safe to go for their [bAlberto VO5 Red Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse [/b]-which i purchased a while back but stopped using (i forget why) up until I heard about hidden “cones” so basically recently my hair has been feeling extremely dry, im loosing my curl patterns & strands of hair. I already clarifier about 2 days ago with no luck.
    So what should I do now? Do I just need a little shampoo after all?

p.s. here are the ingredients & picture;
    33_2.JPG
    Ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Isobutane, Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, VP/VA Copolymer, Propane, Polyquaternium 11, Polysorbate 20, PVP, Polyquaternium 4, PPG 12-PEG-50 Lanolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 7, Olealkonium Chloride, PPG 9 Diethylmonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)

Thank you

The bolded are the worst cones to remove and could be the reason that your hair is feeling dry and not cooperating. These cones almost always need to be removed with a sulphate poo. The reason they are called "hidden" is because they end in 'xane and not cone. IMO you should "start over" with a regular shampoo. Then follow up with a good overnite DT of your choice, it makes a big difference. Especially if you can leave it overnite. It's a subjective process so if you need to DT a few times in succession to make it right then do so. I had to wash my hair with sulphate poo a few times to remove all the yuk because almost every hair prod I owned had silicones in them.
    Here is the link to what may be in your products...http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=326

When I first started I made a pocket sized list of the big silicone/alcohol NO-NOs and kept it handy so I could refer to it when I was at the store looking at products. It helped me learn to identify the bad stuff first, that way as soon as I saw them I'd put the product back right away.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    echokitten wrote:
    The bolded are the worst cones to remove and could be the reason that your hair is feeling dry and not cooperating. These cones almost always need to be removed with a sulphate poo. The reason they are called "hidden" is because they end in 'xane and not cone. IMO you should "start over" with a regular shampoo. Then follow up with a good overnite DT of your choice, it makes a big difference. Especially if you can leave it overnite. It's a subjective process so if you need to DT a few times in succession to make it right then do so. I had to wash my hair with sulphate poo a few times to remove all the yuk because almost every hair prod I owned had silicones in them.
    Here is the link to what may be in your products...http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=326

When I first started I made a pocket sized list of the big silicone/alcohol NO-NOs and kept it handy so I could refer to it when I was at the store looking at products. It helped me learn to identify the bad stuff first, that way as soon as I saw them I'd put the product back right away.

Thank you so much for responding.
    Wow, That explains it all.
    And I was doing so well.
    I just recently found out about that xane cone.
    Thank you for the link

I think im gonna shampoo tonight, and do an Amla DT overnight and see where that gets me.
    Thanks again

Edit:
    I think im gonna add updates too, just for the hell of it lol
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    So, I took the cones out yesterday.
    Basically,
    I shampooed using creme of nature clarifying shampoo twice I used a pea sized portion each time.
    I ended up with frizzy dry hair
    Then I used my mixture of v05 Blasm & protein with essential oils peppermint(I love the tingling feeling it gives) & rosemary and a little bit of olive oil.Left that on for at least 3 hours. (I didn't want to leave the protein in my hair overnight because I didn't want my hair to get over moistured) so I washed it out (after 3 hrs) my hair was already looking great, then I put in some suave milk & honey and a little bit of v05 Rasberry smoothie and slept with it over night.

Woke up this morning rinsed it out and put in some deva curl leave in and some fantasia IC gel (blue jar) scrunched and left it to air dry while I got ready for work. I usu. Put on a shower cap while I'm getting ready because my hair is short and I get annoyed by the dripping drops of water lol. But I have to dap off a little with a papertowel firstr before I do this

* I'm not an 'expert' on hair, the only way I learn is through trial & error, I figure I'm sure there are some ppl out there who are just starting out at this ( like I was a few mths back) and might need a few pointers here and there I don't mind helping when I can :D
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09