CurlTalk

Golden Penis Haters...Join Me, Won't You...

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users
To make a short story even shorter, which I won't get into...
I'm at my limit this time...arrgh
Let's unite! :lol: :twisted:
0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    :shock: :evil: :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    which I won't get into...

Please do get into it...how can we hate a golden penis unless we know why...
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I just saw Mephisto. Everybody, run! :wink:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    which I won't get into...

Please do get into it...how can we hate a golden penis unless we know why...
    stirthepot.gif
    Y'all are no fun! :lol:
    Ok, so I had asked my Mom to go shopping w/ me today & she made up some dumb excuse of why she didn't want to go.
    My GP bro calls her at the last minute, as usual, & asks her about taking her out to eat for Mother's Day, which of course she couldn't say no...
    That's it in a nutshell...

:evil:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Aww...sorry. But to her defense..I would much rather get a free lunch than go shopping on Mother's Day.
    hissyfit.gif
    Shopping would have been on me...

0004.gif

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I must have the Golden Tootie today then, because my mommy is with me across the world instead of with my brothers!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    5.gif
    Where is ic & her snickering emoticon?

0004.gif

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    5.gif
    Where is ic & her snickering emoticon?

ahmcio.gif
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    IC is so cute when she does that... :lol:
  • Rina414Rina414 Posts: 294Registered Users
    shelli wrote:
    I must have the Golden Tootie today then, because my mommy is with me across the world instead of with my brothers!

Golden Tootie?? lol uhh if thats what I think you are talking about, thats what my bf gave mines as a 'pet name' well minus the golden part. lol.

Okay sorry TMI :oops:
    one day at a time..
    hissyfit.gif
    Shopping would have been on me...

That sucks but don't hate the penis..sounds like your mom's issue.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    :lol:

At dinner at my mom's tonight (barbeque for Mom's Day, and my grandma was there), my mom says to my son during dinner, "You're so sweet. You are my favorite boy..." and I said to MY GP Bro, "HA! You've been replaced." I almost said, "The Golden Penis has been replaced!!!" But it wouldn't have been good with my kids and my grandma there. But it would have been PERFECT.
    :rambo:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

At dinner at my mom's tonight (barbeque for Mom's Day, and my grandma was there), my mom says to my son during dinner, "You're so sweet. You are my favorite boy..." and I said to MY GP Bro, "HA! You've been replaced." I almost said, "The Golden Penis has been replaced!!!" But it wouldn't have been good with my kids and my grandma there. But it would have been PERFECT.
    :lol: :D :twisted:
    Priceless!

0004.gif

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Been there. Done that. My little brother(he's 53 now) can do no wrong. The relationship between Mothers & sons is a strange one. I decided many years ago to stop trying to understand it. My ex-husband had the same relationship with his Mom. My youngest daughter has a son. I keep a close eye on them. :twisted:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    bow.gif
    0004.gif

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    bow.gif

I plan on breaking this phenomena during my lifetime for all women, everywhere. :lol:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    When our son is born, I VOW to not let him be a Mama's boy.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    I'm so glad I don't have that issue with my brother...it's actually the other way around. Compared to my bro and sis I'm probably the golden tootie. Not my choice - it's quite annoying.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    shelli wrote:

I've always said this too. I can't stand the way I see mothers treat their sons. It is so annoying. Then the boys are so whiney and cry often, while the girls are forced to suck it up and be tough. And for whatever reason I find it SO annoying when mother's call their son's "buddy". It's so constant, like 'hey buddy', 'what'cha doing there buddy', 'how was your day, buddy' - I apologize to any of you that call your sons buddy, but I just find it just adds to the oedipus complex.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I call all of my kids "buddy" from time to time, 4 mo old son, my daughter, my stepdaughters :lol:

My son IS a mama's boy. Why? Because I have superpowers - I breastfeed :lol:
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I call all of my kids "buddy" from time to time, 4 mo old son, my daughter, my stepdaughters :lol:

My son IS a mama's boy. Why? Because I have superpowers - I breastfeed :lol:

I suppose if it's a gender neutral thing to you, then it's different. Like, I call my daughter honey, or sweetie-bear, or something, so it's not like I don't use pet names at all. It's just the buddy for boys in particular that bugs me. But the mothers I've seen do it use it as if it's the childs name.

This reminds me of a quote I read from Lisa Kudrow - she was commenting 'my husband and I treat my son as a god. We really view him as a supreme being' - I was just thinking, ya, like THAT kids not going to have issues!!

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    babywavy wrote:
    shelli wrote:

I've always said this too. I can't stand the way I see mothers treat their sons. It is so annoying. Then the boys are so whiney and cry often, while the girls are forced to suck it up and be tough. And for whatever reason I find it SO annoying when mother's call their son's "buddy". It's so constant, like 'hey buddy', 'what'cha doing there buddy', 'how was your day, buddy' - I apologize to any of you that call your sons buddy, but I just find it just adds to the oedipus complex.

My friend Dina does this. :lol:

Good luck with that. In my experience, my boys were very bonded to me, like velcro, and only could have been detached from me by being very mean to them. If you do your job right, they usually give up their extreme attachment naturally and gently as they hit the pre-adolescent years.

Good luck with that. In my experience, my boys were very bonded to me, like velcro, and only could have been detached from me by being very mean to them. If you do your job right, they usually give up their extreme attachment naturally and gently as they hit the pre-adolescent years.

Yea my brother seems like he can't stand my mom(she is pretty annoying) right now. I'm hoping he grows out of it though(he's only 19) because he is annoyingly disrespectful at times. My mom is one of those wierd ones though that never cared for boys.
    I can't stand the way I see mothers treat their sons. It is so annoying. Then the boys are so whiney and cry often, while the girls are forced to suck it up and be tough. And for whatever reason I find it SO annoying when mother's call their son's "buddy". It's so constant, like 'hey buddy', 'what'cha doing there buddy', 'how was your day, buddy' - I apologize to any of you that call your sons buddy, but I just find it just adds to the oedipus complex.

I always call my children by their names, but my husband and my older sons refer to our youngest son as "buddy", so I always thought it was more of a male-bonding thing. I don't hear other moms calling their sons buddy.

In general, when they are toddlers and pre-schoolers, I do think boys are more attached to their moms, and girls are a little more standoff-ish. That's my experience anyway. My boys were all just more cuddly than my girl. Then things started to reverse a bit at school age...boys stand on their own a bit more, and girls start to identify and bond with mom and other females more.
    I can't stand the way I see mothers treat their sons. It is so annoying. Then the boys are so whiney and cry often, while the girls are forced to suck it up and be tough. And for whatever reason I find it SO annoying when mother's call their son's "buddy". It's so constant, like 'hey buddy', 'what'cha doing there buddy', 'how was your day, buddy' - I apologize to any of you that call your sons buddy, but I just find it just adds to the oedipus complex.

I always call my children by their names, but my husband and my older sons refer to our youngest son as "buddy", so I always thought it was more of a male-bonding thing. I don't hear other moms calling their sons buddy.

In general, when they are toddlers and pre-schoolers, I do think boys are more attached to their moms, and girls are a little more standoff-ish. That's my experience anyway. My boys were all just more cuddly than my girl. Then things started to reverse a bit at school age...boys stand on their own a bit more, and girls start to identify and bond with mom and other females more.

I agree with this. I don't know what it has to do with in terms of nature, but for some reason, most girls seem to be more independent, and push away from their mothers, while boys do seem clingier.

I CAN see this happening naturally, and of course I'll thoroughly enjoy any son I had being somewhat attached to me, especially since my daughter has so kept me at arms length, but I don't want to nurture that behavior either. As disheartening as it is to see my kids act as they don't "need" me, I'd much rather have them grow up to be independent.

I CAN see this happening naturally, and of course I'll thoroughly enjoy any son I had being somewhat attached to me, especially since my daughter has so kept me at arms length, but I don't want to nurture that behavior either. As disheartening as it is to see my kids act as they don't "need" me, I'd much rather have them grow up to be independent.

Nurture what behavior? Affection? It's normal and healthy for kids to desire affection and closeness with their parents. They really shouldn't be pushing away too much until they are pre-teens/early-teens. I'd worry about kids who aren't that way, and I think it would cause more harm than good for a parent to withhold affection in the early years thinking they are discouraging unhealthy adult behavior later.

Independence is something kids start doing a little at a time, generally. Some reach it sooner, some later. Parents can encourage independence and still give affection and stay tightly bonded to their children. The trick, I think, is not to be your child's ultimate-problem-solver, but to encourage them to solve their own problems, and to recognize when they are overly-relying on you to problem solve for them at an age/stage when they should be doing that for themselves. That's where I think a lot of parents go wrong with adult children. They still want to solve all of Junior's problems, when they really can't/shouldn't.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    I think that there is something about mothers and sons. I am not sure if you can prevent it from happening, either. I think it just DOES. I used to think that I didn't want my son to be a momma's boy either, and while I am trying, I am not sure if it will work.

Honestly, I just want him to grow up a strong, confident man. And I am doing things now to help build that confidence and positivity in his life.
    :rambo:
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Good post RCW. I don't see attachment as a bad thing, especially in a toddler. And I don't think attachment and independence are mutually exclusive.

I don't want a mama's boy or GP in the sense of being whiny, spoiled, unable to do anything for himself. But my if my son wants to stay closely attached and affectionate all his life, great. I don't think that will prevent him from being strong, confident and capable when he grows up.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.