Best Drugstore Bronzer?? - UPDATE!!

Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
I went to the local drug store today(Shoppers) and was looking at some bronzers. To me they all look the same. I was wondering if one was better than another?? I'm pretty pasty white and would like to have some colour. Could someone (Rou? :wink: ) give me some suggestions.

TIA
p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif

Comments

• Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
    Bumping for some help please. :wink:
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    why not try the Bonne Belle?

it's inexpensive, so if you don't like the look, you haven't spent a fortune on it!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    i was at one of the new Loblaws super stores with the fabu makeup area yesterday and they had Bonne Belle bronzer testers out.

i think it's $7.95 Cdn for the powder bronzer and the dark shade actually looked okay on my very pasty skin! :D

if you're going to use powder bronzer, make sure you exfoliate, moisturize and make sure your skin is COMPLETELY dry before applying it. use a BIG brush!

and slightly shimmery is always better than matte textures - whether you're using powder, liquid or gel.

put a fine coat all over then add a touch more on those places where you naturally catch more sun - forehead, nose, top of cheekbones and collarbones.

i have more a little info about bronzer in my July column which will be available on Thursday.

[which i realize is a holiday for all of us up here! :D]
    My blog:

Ok....I went to Shoppers and got the BonneyBell Bronzer. I feel so stupid asking this...do you put it every wehre on your face like a foundation?? I was never tought to put make up on. My mother never wore it so she didn't teach it. I feel so dumb asking all these questions that everyone seems to know the answers to :oops: :oops:
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
    apply the bronzer LIGHTLY all over and then apply more where the sun naturally hits you - top of your nose and cheekbones, your forehead, your collarbones!

you want a naturally sun-kissed look!

:D

[more about summer makeup and bronzer in my July column tomorrow!]
    My blog:

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I disagree with applying all over - I think a tiny bit on the apples of your cheeks, and then a tiny bit in the t-zone is enough. Emphasis on tiny. TINY. All over just sounds like over-kill to me.
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    I disagree as well---in the almost 12 yrs I've worked as a makeup artist I've always applied it to forhead, nose, chin & cheeks. It's the way I was taught & different national makeup artists I've worked with have always done it that way as well.

Applying it to the jawline will make someone who is normally pale look abnormally tanned and that tell-tale line will be proof that you're wearing bronzer!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
    if the intention is to fake a tan... all over first then extra where the sun catches you.

but lightly - remember how, um, odd Charlize Theron looked at the Oscars? :D
    My blog:

i should mention, of course, that the all-over-tan look works best with liquid forms of bronzer, but it can be done with powder if you start lightly!
    My blog:

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rouquinne wrote:

but lightly - remember how, um, odd Charlize Theron looked at the Oscars? :D

Why - whatever do you mean? She was a perfecly lovely shade of orange! Is that not what we're all going for?

:lol:
    with my green complexion, i suspect i'd start looking like the Irish flag if i tried for that particular shade of "orange"!

:lol:
    My blog:

I was experimenting with that Bonney Bell bronzer and I must have gotten the wrong thing. I put it on and my face looked this horrid orange colour! :roll: Maybe I'm not putting it on right or something. I tried putting it on my cheeks and T-zone and then tried putting it all over and it still didn't look right.

Maybe I need someone to take me make-up shopping and to show me how to put this stuff on. I looked at one of those make-up application courses that some spa offers but the cheapest one I could find was $70!! :shock:

This is so frustrating and depressing for me. I see all these girls that look so pretty, with their make up and hair just so......and then there is me! :(
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
    there are two shades to the Bonne Bell - a light one and a slightly darker one. i have to admit i just brushed them across the backs of my hands in one swipe - which is what i would do for an all-over tan look. [and which BB itself says on their web site!]

those shades do work with my skin tone, but i have yellow-toned skin to begin.

you're here next week, aren't you, T? let's work on getting together... :D
    My blog:

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Rou - We get there on the 16th and are leaving on the 20th sometime. I could use all the help that I can get right now!!
    That is me up there....stupid computer didn't remember me!! :?
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file