Flat Irons and Damage

AkaNezumiAkaNezumi Posts: 12Registered Users
I want to try a flat iron but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that will really damage my hair. I hear CHI and SEDU are good but I also read online that they break easily.

I was looking at Solia and GHD because it seems they claim to damage hair less. Is this true? I was thinking of buying a GHD but at 200 bux it seems ridiculous. I won't probably use it more than a few times a month.

So maybe I should get a solia? What do you think the best flat iron for the money is and how to you prevent it from damaging hair?

Thanks. :)
The Art. The Comic. The Insanity.
http://www.Onezumi.com
The Community.
http://www.Harknell.com
The Store.
http://www.OnezumiStudios.com

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I had the SOLIA and SEDU and like the SEDU better. What do you mean when you say they break easily? The flat iron itself or it breaks the hair? Personally, I found the solia plates to wear down slightly. I haven't noticed any plate issues with the sedu.
    3b-3c CG
  • phillycurlgirlphillycurlgirl Posts: 20Registered Users
    I had a Solia and it was okay. Until I tried the GHD! It is honestly the greatest thing I have ever tried on my hair ever! Gets it smooth and straight and I only have to run through it once. And best of all my hair stays straight! Even in the humidity of Dubai. I also balked at the price, but I would pay it again and again for the results I get with it.
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    JuicyTube wrote:
    I had the SOLIA and SEDU and like the SEDU better. What do you mean when you say they break easily? The flat iron itself or it breaks the hair? Personally, I found the solia plates to wear down slightly. I haven't noticed any plate issues with the sedu.

Why exactly do you like the Sedu better? I'm going to be purchasing a flat iron soon and I'm stuck between these two. Thanks!
    comic-p.jpg
  • ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    ^^ i had the same dilema when i was deciding to purchase a flat iron. after reading reviews on folica.com, i decided to go with the sedu. i rarely use it, but it does a really good job for me.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png
    Libra wrote:
    JuicyTube wrote:

Why exactly do you like the Sedu better? I'm going to be purchasing a flat iron soon and I'm stuck between these two. Thanks!
    My hair sometimes got caught at the edges of the plates of the solia, and the sedu has never done that to me. They had a microscopic type of picture showing the surface of the Sedu being way more even compared to a regular ceramic iron, so I was sold. =]
    3b-3c CG
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    Did they straighten about the same?
    Thanks!
    comic-p.jpg
  • cmb127cmb127 Posts: 14Registered Users
    I have had a CHI since October and I really like it. As for CHI's breaking easily--mine has lasted as long as any other flat iron I've had. I got it on overstock.com for around 100, and it was well worth it. I straighten my hair about 1-2 times a week and my hair isnt that damaged, and I think its because the CHI is ceramic. I really recommend it. However, If you're looking to straighten your hair once or twice a month, I think you could find a decent conair cermaic flat iron at a drugstore for less than $30.
    Libra08 wrote:
    Did they straighten about the same?
    Thanks!
    yes
    3b-3c CG
  • missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    I have a Chi and it stopped working after a year. The cord seems to be shorting out....which I read happens often with Chi irons. When it worked I loved how easily it straightened my hair.
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file