Behold...Liquid Foundation!

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
Wow weee. It's been forever since I've had some on my face. I have Cameron Diaz skin in every sense of those three words. Blotchy, irritated, blemishes, dark circle under the eyes, etc. I just tryed my mom's covergirl clean something rather. And well it doesn't cover that great, it definetely helps my skin look more even. I've been avoiding liquid foundation ever since highschool after seeing what it looks like over pimples. Actually posted here about a good foundation under "guest" a while back and I believe Rou had some ideas. So now I think I am going to try out some liquid foundation. My skin is pretty light, but the lightest shades of most drugstore brands are too light, and the next shade over is usually slightly too dark :? And then it has to be healthy or atleast not unhealthy for CD combination skin. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :D I'm kinda excited, it actually doesn't look so bad :)
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
    I use Maybelline Ever Fresh. Unless you've got very oily skin, it probably won't melt on you, but you'll probably need some powder too. What I like about this one is that you can build it up. Only a short whle ago, my skin was really bad in places, and I could pat the colour on, with my fingers, and get close to a flawless finish. You do need to blend quickly with it though, as it dries quickly. I don't think it would be a great product for your under eye circles, but if you only want to pat a little in the inner corner of your eyes, it'll work ok. It has SPF 14, but you should probably use a high protection underneath.

I think quite a lot of it is in the application. Obviously I don't know exactly what your skin is like, but it sound a lot like mine used to be. I made not I used the minimum I needed. I did not apply a blanket thickness over my face; I concentrated it where I needed it, and applied it lightly where I could. It didn't look uneven though, and I never use concealer.

I should add that I haven't tried many foundations before. I'm restricted because my skin is so pale, and I don't have the money to pay a fortune. You might find something better in another range. One option is maybe to try one of those foundations that change to match your colour.

Good luck. =)
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Thanks Binky :D Going to check that stuff out. Will keep those thoughts in mind too.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file