Nail buffing

chappysmomchappysmom Posts: 107Registered Users
Any tips for buffing your finger/toe nails to a nice, glossy shine? I almost never wear nail polish, but like my nails to look good. I've noticed that brand-new buffers make my nails really, really shiny, but after a couple uses, not so much.

So, any tips on how to get that mirror shine?

Figured it didn't hurt to ask!
Deb in NJ; 3a, dark brown, longish, layered, fine, reasonably thick hair, pale skin

Proud mom of Chappy, a 10-year old Boykin Spaniel, also with chocolate brown, 3a curls

Chappysmom.com
Punctuality Rules!
Booking Through Thursday

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used to get good results with a chamois buffer and buffing cream. The kind of buffers that smooth out ridges make your nails weaker in the long run because you're buffing off the top layer of your nail.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote:
    I used to get good results with a chamois buffer and buffing cream. The kind of buffers that smooth out ridges make your nails weaker in the long run because you're buffing off the top layer of your nail.

Here is another vote for the Buffing Cream and Chamois buffer. I get a really nice shine when I decide to let my toes breathe a little.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file