CurlTalk

Boils update

picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
I'm being tested for MRSA because of the boils I posted about last week. I'm really worried about having it, it just seems so easy to spread and I don't want to pass it on to everyone around me. I get the test pack (back not pack) on wednesday so I'll post what I find out.

Comments

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    What is this test pack you speak of? I thought that the physician would do some tests... I am confused. :?

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    What is this test pack you speak of? I thought that the physician would do some tests... I am confused. :?

lol oops I guess I can't type that was supposed to be test BACK lol not Pack yeah the Dr. did it
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    Well, there are so many home tests now that I thought maybe you bought something at Walgreens! :lol:

I am still curious about the test. How did they take a sample for it? I am interested because I believe my youngest son may have had this about six months ago. He was given antibiotics and it cleared up but I would like to know in case it happens again.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    Well, there are so many home tests now that I thought maybe you bought something at Walgreens! :lol:

I am still curious about the test. How did they take a sample for it? I am interested because I believe my youngest son may have had this about six months ago. He was given antibiotics and it cleared up but I would like to know in case it happens again.

They took a swab of my boil (it wasn't painful but not enjoyable either) and then sent it off to a lab. Pretty simple. I guess though they don't worry about boils too much unless there is a smell when they are drained. When I was telling them about mine they kept saying oh it's not a big deal not a big deal bla bla but as soon as I said that I had never had one smell like those did they made sure to take a sample. I guess with MRSA though they can swab your nose to and test it that way