Best drug store mascara

Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
For those who use drug store mascara....what brand do you use? I'm going shopping after work for some and would like some suggestions. I'm using Cover Girl Washable Waterproof(the purple one). I would like something similar. I find that it gets really clumpy and goes on really thick.

TIA :D
p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Trixie1979 wrote:
    For those who use drug store mascara....what brand do you use? I'm going shopping after work for some and would like some suggestions. I'm using Cover Girl Washable Waterproof(the purple one). I would like something similar. I find that it gets really clumpy and goes on really thick.

TIA :D

I liked the L'Oreal Double Extend until I got contacts. It worked REALLY well, and gave me totally thick fake-looking lashes because they were all separated and long, and looked fake in that they looked so perfect.

I use Blinc Kiss Me mascara (not drug store) now, because it's the only mascara I've found I can wear with contacts.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • mitabirdmitabird Curl Connoisseur Posts: 226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My fave at the moment is Rimmel Endless Length & Lift. I really like it b/c it makes my lashes super long.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Posts: 100Registered Users
    Don't laugh, but I've had extremely good results with the cheapest stuff there is: Wet and Wild Mascara (the Lengthening one in the pink and white tube).

It runs about $1.79 to $1.99 a tube.

Works well, no clumping, and at the first sign of it drying out, I just toss it and buy a new one. (No guilt since it is so darn cheap!)
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    I just tried Revlon Lash Fantasy (got quite the deal because it came with free eye glide color, full size) for 6 bucks. Look for the promotion because the eyeglide is really nice, too.

WOW! Like nicely done not overstated fake eyelashes. It gives curl and lift and thickens them nicely. I am in love. It does take a bit longer to put on the primer and then the mascara but I've never had lush lashes like this. And it came off easily with my cleansing clots, no smudging or smearing during the day and no eye irritation which I am prone to. Great stuff---may actually inspire me to wear mascara daily.
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • TannTann Posts: 88Registered Users
    I also LOVE the Revlon Lash Fantasy. I have never had longer, darker lashes like when I use this. I bought a bunch when they had a promo a few months ago, 2-for-1.

I have tried dozens of mascara (including Lancome, Dior, Clinique) and this beats them all!
    3A all the way!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I liked the L'Oreal Double Extend until I got contacts. It worked REALLY well, and gave me totally thick fake-looking lashes because they were all separated and long, and looked fake in that they looked so perfect.

I use Blinc Kiss Me mascara (not drug store) now, because it's the only mascara I've found I can wear with contacts.

If this is the one with the white conditioning end and the dark extension end on the wand, I had been using this for a while. Maybe I need to improve my method of application because while I thought it was the best mascara yet, it didn't give me results quite that good. Now I'm using Maybelline Great Lash (cheap kind in the pink and green tube) and with my method of application, it gives me thicker more flattering lashes, and is now the best so far. Over at MUA amd I think even here, Great Lash recieved races for being surprisingly good for the price.

Hmm actually it looks like Double Extend comes out ahead of Great Lash at MUA http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=22388/Double_Extend_Mascara/L'Oreal/Mascara/

LOL...oh well. They're both pretty good IMO.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    The only cheap mascara I like is Jane Fan Club in Blackest Curl. It's my second favorite mascara. My favorite is Dior MaximEyes, but Jane will do in a pinch. The best thing about Jane? It's less than $4! Dior is more than $20 but I get it on Ebay for about $15.

westcoastwaves - does the pink and white stuff actually do something for your lashes? It does nothing for mine.

I've not tried Double Extend. L'Oreal Voluminous is too clumpy for my taste.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • jacoozijacoozi Posts: 2Registered Users
    My favorite is Maxfactor's 2000 Calorie mascara (no.3) because it has the hooked brush. It's smudge-proof, hypoallergenic and it doesn't clump.
    It's funny when people pull on my hair and say: "Curly, straight, curly, straight". Yeah...don't do that.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Has anyone tried the Neutrogena Weightless Volume Mascara? I bought it yesterday in Brown Black. How'd you like it? TIA.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like Lash Discovery by - whoever. I can never remember. It has the tiny tiny brush. I like it because it doesn't go on heavy - I don't want the look of fake lashes as that's too made up for me.
  • TannTann Posts: 88Registered Users
    Revlon Lash Fantasy...it's the best and I've tried tons. It's also very well priced.
    3A all the way!
  • Fallen SunsetFallen Sunset Posts: 2Registered Users
    Don't laugh, but I've had extremely good results with the cheapest stuff there is: Wet and Wild Mascara (the Lengthening one in the pink and white tube).

It runs about $1.79 to $1.99 a tube.

Works well, no clumping, and at the first sign of it drying out, I just toss it and buy a new one. (No guilt since it is so darn cheap!)

I completely agree, I've gone out and tried some others but they all seem to clump up on me and I've had excellent results with minimal clumping or smearing with these. My mom even switched over.

I get it even cheaper too since I work at a Rite Aid and get a 20% discount :)
    2c/3b waist length, thick, botticelli curls mixed with a variety of corkscrews and waves
    CG since 7/28/04 - Album
    My hair journal is linked as my website.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file