How did you BC?

JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
Did you go to a salon or did you do it yourself? Did you cut it blunt all one length or in layers? I'm so ready to do mine. TIA
3b-3c CG

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I went to the salon and they cut it all one length. I was aiming
    to get rid of the relaxed hair. Congrats on your decision!
    For me it was very scary at first, but I was glad that I did it!
    Keep us posted! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    My hair is in long layers right now. Do you think that they would work on shoulder length hair? Did you let the salon use the non CG products on your hair?
    3b-3c CG
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    JuicyTube wrote:
    My hair is in long layers right now. Do you think that they would work on shoulder length hair? Did you let the salon use the non CG products on your hair?

I wouldn't see why not. I went to a certified Devachan stylist in Upstate, NY. I do remember her pooing my hair because she said that I had a bit of buildup.
    I really didn't want her to, but I was assertive enough and besides, I thought what the heck! It's just this one time. Now I live closer to NYC and only go to Devachan in NYC. Which state do you live in?
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with my own curly regime since I'm still transitioning since to natural for about 1 year and 3 months 10 days......so I really need some curly hair help.....PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME..... :( :?
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i went to my sister's salon and she cut it all off! i went from past shoulder length relaxed hair to about an inch of natural curls during my lunch break! it was the scariest/best thing ive ever done.
  • untamedcurliegirluntamedcurliegirl Posts: 8Registered Users
    I just went for the whole enchilada the first time. I cut it myself in the bathroom while my hubby watched. You can see it in my photo albums if you look at "The Great Transition" and then the "BC". Of course now, I am cutting a little at a time and trying to regain the beautiful curls that I was growing before I completely lost my mind last Summer. I won't cut it all off again, but I will be cutting a little at a time until I look normal again. LOL!
    3C-4A Newly BCed Curly Gurly

http://public.fotki.com/Untamedcurlz
    www.myspace.com/bellanica

I tried following the rules and when that didn' t work, I did it my way!
  • missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    I went to a natural hair salon for the "chop" and to get two strand twists. However, they literally cut off my relaxed ends and didn't give me a style! My hair looks crazy now. Even crazier when it's straightened. But I'm happy the relaxed ends are gone for good!
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • UhhhhlaynaUhhhhlayna Posts: 20Registered Users
    I did mine with a friend in my bathroom. I'd definitey recommend going to a salon. That way you can ensure there aren't any bit of relaxed hair still hanging around and you can ask questions about maintenance, products, life, mating habits of Tahitian fruit flies, anything, etc.

event.png
  • tara_motara_mo Posts: 4Registered Users
    I went to a salon to get mine done. It definitely went shorter than I thought it would, but I'm getting used to it and I really like it! Plus it's a relief to finally have a style and have all the crappy parts of my hair gone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file