name some sulfate free poos..

yogawavesyogawaves Registered Users Posts: 368
looking for a sulfate free/cone free poo that sold at health store versus the internet. Some that are sulfate free, I notice contain cones. Any input? tia
yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    Burt's Bee Baby Shampoo and Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar. I love Aubrey Organics, but they do have a mild cleanser. HTH
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • yogawavesyogawaves Registered Users Posts: 368
    thanks, that baby bee bar looks good!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    There is also Giovanni
    3b-3c CG
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    The Desert Essence line is good. Their organics line doesn't have sulphates (or so their website says)

http://www.desertessence.com/pages/organics/index.html

I have the Italian Red Grape Shampoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    I have never tried it but I have seen it at a local health food store. It is called California Baby.
    http://www.californiababy.com/super-sensitive-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • blueberriblueberri Registered Users Posts: 49
    I second the giovanni's ones.

I've found the 50/50 moisturising shampoo/conditioner tag-team to REALLY soften, smooth and moisturise hair, much more so than co-washing and then using the 50/50 conditioner. It's shocked the hell outta me! It's sulphate and cone free, no hidden nasties. Great stuff, and lovely gentle scent :D
  • meriellynmeriellyn Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    Giovanni, Giovanni, Giovanni! <3

I'm not too keen on the Burt's Bees hair products, aside from the avocado treatment.
    If I had to pick one, I guess I liked the color safe 'poo best. The conditioners were all crap on my hair though. :P

I like Desert Essence Organics. I haven't tried the Italian Red Grape 'poo but I loooove the conditioner.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    I have seen this brand at Walgreens...although I can't remember the $.
    http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=110769&CtgID=

I plan to use this when my Jess HCC and GLS run out. It will prob last forever since I only poo right before a DT.
    ETA............
    Ok on second thought, maybe I won't use it...I just read that it contains beeswax and mineral oil. HMMMM...the search goes on.......
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    HEAD Organics Clearly Head Shampoo. I see this brand in the natural food section of quite a few of my grocery stores but not sure I ever saw the shampoo (Whole foods carries I am pretty sure) - I got it online.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Registered Users Posts: 467
    Is Paul Mitchell's moisturizing shampoo sulfate free?
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: http://femmefitalefitclub.com/
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness
  • RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Registered Users Posts: 230
    uh... um ummm uh.... hmmm (finger on face) gee, hmmmm???

LOL
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
    RedheadCurly
    Where do you purchase the giovnni brand at? tia
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    yogagirl wrote:
    Where do you purchase the giovnni brand at? tia
    i've seen it @ ulta, but you can also get it at natural food stores
    3b-3c CG
  • JessyCatJessyCat Registered Users Posts: 91
    I haven't tried it yet, but I recently bought a bottle of J/A/S/O/N shampoo that boasts no sulfates. Sounds promising at least.

You can find them at Wal-mart/Meijer.
  • snapssnow92snapssnow92 Registered Users Posts: 170
    i have a question. i am near 2 weeks on CG now and if i started to use a sulfate free shampoo like once a week, would that be considered mod. cg or is that a big no no?
    ~Snaps~
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    i have a question. i am near 2 weeks on CG now and if i started to use a sulfate free shampoo like once a week, would that be considered mod. cg or is that a big no no?
    mod cg and plenty do it :D
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • WildflowerWildflower Registered Users Posts: 112
    MOP C-System shampoo is sulphate free.
    pw: curls
  • jen37jen37 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Avalon Organics is good, too.
    I get mine at Trader Joe's, but I've seen it at CVS... two ounces less for almost twice the price. :roll:
    CG since 6/11/2007

*1x a week shampoo: Avalon Organics Nourishing
    *Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Lime
    *Conditioner:: B2B Pomegranate
    *Styling: mix together Herbal Essences Body Envy/ Curlfriends Gel
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I used to love the Avalon Organics Lavender shampoo but then it seems like they changed the formula (added oat protein?) and my hair stopped loving it. Right now, I'm liking Alba Very Emollient Shampoo.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • miralalunamiralaluna Registered Users Posts: 168
    I have started using Dr. Bronner's All One liquid castile soap (the Almond and Hemp variety). It's dirt cheap and because it's concentrated it lasts for aaaages.

I dilute a couple squirts in some water then put it in a spray bottle which I keep in the shower. I put conditioner in my hair then (depending on how dirty my hair/scalp feels) I spray a little onto my roots and work it through the hair on the top of my head only OR I mix a little of the solution with some conditioner and clean my scalp with it. It's wonderous :D
    Fine texture (I think?!), normal porosity
    No 'poo since May 2007

Current products (used only as & when required!):
    - Naked Sensitive Scalp conditioner
    - Shikakai powder
    - Jojoba oil

My Fotki - pw: curlywhirly
  • LuciteLucite Registered Users Posts: 19
    I use the collective wellbeing (it's another health food store brand) volume building shampoo.
    Curl type: 3B some 3C in front
  • PetalPetal Registered Users Posts: 219
    How about Activate shampoo?? I was thinking of getting it this week. These are the ingredients:

Water , Apricotamidopropyl Betaine , Cocoamidopropyl Betaine , Glycol Stearate , Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract , Tocopherol , Theobroma Grandoflorum Seed Butter , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Coccoloba Uvifera Extract , Soy Amino Acids , Nymphaea Alba Root Extract , Persea Gratissima Fruit Extract Avocado , Phosphoric Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Parfum , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
    I can't find the activate anywhere around here. (south Phila.)
  • barberswifebarberswife Registered Users Posts: 41
    white tea scruples
    3a/b rebellious, colored hair
  • CKMunchkinCKMunchkin Registered Users Posts: 87
    heyy yogagirl - I live in south philly too!

as for shampoo - I am partial to both avalon organics peppermint shampoo, and also their tea tree/ mint shampoo! smells so yummy.

california baby shampoo/body wash in tea tree/lavendar is great stuff too. and it doubles as a great shave gel and body wash. yay!
    2 cocktail!

currently using: LUSH seanik solid poo, LUSH veganese condish, NG aloe (sometimes), no styling products - I am way too fed up, and my hair looks fine without them so far...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • TEOGTEOG Registered Users Posts: 100
    I use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo and it doesn't have a sulfate or cones. I got it for $3 at my local beauty supply store.
    Coily and cute.

4something-ish
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Blended Beauty Soy Creme Shampoo
    Curls Curlicious Curl Cleansing Cream
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Chamomile--Jasmine-Conditioning-Shampoo-p-486.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-chamomile-jasmine-conditioning-shampoo]Curl Junkie Chamomile & jasmine Conditioning Shampoo[/buylink]
    Curl Junkie Hibiscus Bliss Moisturizing Shampoo
    Cream of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
    ISO Plus Shampoo

• asleep to audioasleep to audio Registered Users Posts: 2,085
    Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning is great.
    After swimming/beach I use this sulfate-free swimmer's shampoo. It's cleansing but gentle, although I do have to use some extra conditioner when I use it. I forget the name, I'll have to check it later.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file