Why is my hair suddenly freaking out?!

curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
I've been CG for awhile and have had amazing results. Lately, though my hair is suddenly not cooperating. I haven't changed products or anything else for that matter. Suddenly, my beloved BRHG and LOOB combo isn't giving me the controled shiny hair it used to. My routine goes like this:

cowash w/ VO5 Moisture Milks, condish with B2B Pom and leave in. Blot with MF towel, add a little Curl Junkie leave in, LOOB, and then BRHG and diffuse on low heat till mostly dry.

My hair feels soft, but looks frizzy and undefined. What is wrong with me?! Could I be overconditioned or is this a protein thing? HELP!
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I've read that when products quit working, you should clarify or do something like an ACV rinse because it could be building up and they will work again. Or you could try new things because I have also read that your hair can become immune to something if you use it over and over. I'm not sure if that's true, but its a common thought.
    3b-3c CG
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    I've been CG for awhile and have had amazing results. Lately, though my hair is suddenly not cooperating. I haven't changed products or anything else for that matter. Suddenly, my beloved BRHG and LOOB combo isn't giving me the controled shiny hair it used to. My routine goes like this:

cowash w/ VO5 Moisture Milks, condish with B2B Pom and leave in. Blot with MF towel, add a little Curl Junkie leave in, LOOB, and then BRHG and diffuse on low heat till mostly dry.

My hair feels soft, but looks frizzy and undefined. What is wrong with me?! Could I be overconditioned or is this a protein thing? HELP!

Sounds like a classic case of overconditioning. Toning down the richness of your routine could help - maybe skipping the leave-in for awhile.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Registered Users Posts: 230
    I agree with Juicy and Wild. I went through that I think you are overconditioning. I actually freaked out and had to shampoo, it was craaazzzy. Of course I would highly reccomend a sulfate free shampoo, which are hard to find. I actually was not a good curly girl, I washed mine with whatever was left in the house.

You could try a good ACV rinse, it may help but I would suggest a no-poo wash, in which many here know about there is a great shampoo that does not have sulfates or cones. There is a no cone, sulfate shampoo that I found at my local healthfood store called ...oh I cannot remember but happy finding. There are a few out there.

Red.
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
    RedheadCurly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file