CurlTalk

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate & Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate

Hello

Does anyone know what these are and if they're ok for your hair? I've googled them and found conflicting views!! Some say they're harsh and other that they're from a natural source (coconuts)

I've found them in a shampoo, which caught my attention as it doesn't contain any SLS, it also feels like a conditioner when you apply it, it doesn't foam up.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebodyshop.com%2Fbodyshop%2Fbrowse%2Fproduct_detail.jsp%3FproductId%3Dprod6270017%26amp%3BcategoryId%3Dcat30042" class="Popup
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I have no idea about the ingredients but it sure sounds good.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlyninercurlyniner Posts: 130Registered Users
    In my 'master list' (compiled from NC articles) I have sodium cocoyl isethionate listed as:

Amphoteric surfactants (used to provide mild cleansing, as well as some aid in foaming)

I don't have the other listed by category, but they are also both listed under "Gentle surfactants in shampoos" (along with things like cocamidopropyl betaine and coco betaine).

HTH!
    "Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png