CurlTalk

What's your SO's clothing style?

KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
What is your SO's clothing style and how old is he?

My boyfriend is 32 and still loves to wear graphic tees, baggy jeans, and khaki cargo shorts. I'm not against his style, but sometimes I think he needs a more mature wardrobe for certain situations/occasions. He dresses up for work (ties, dress pants, etc.) so he loves casual fun on the weekends.

Please share...

Comments

• MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    Levi's and band tshirts.
    He is 48.
    He has been wearing the same things since I met him 25 years ago :)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    My SO's usual attire is solid colored t-shirts or polos with jeans, dress pants, or khakis in summer or the same pants with sweaters and blank long sleaved shirts in the winter.

On really casual days, he'll wear torn jeans or board shorts with wacky prints on them.

He's 23.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    My husband is 49, and he's a very snappy dresser. He wears dress shirts and pants to work, khakis and polos or casual button-down shirts for casual in warm weather, turtlenecks and blazers in cool weather, and cargos and t-shirts for weekends. He can rock a suit too when he needs to. He's a tall/thin ectomorph type, so he looks good in anything, and he let's me pick out his clothes, so he's a very good boy.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    He's 31 and kind of on the metrosexual side of dressing. Normally he'll just wear jeans and a tshirts. He's got more jeans than I do and usually nice kinda stylish brands/cuts - 575, Guess, Diesel are his favorite. His shirts are more on the fitted side but not too fitted. Button down nice dress shirts(and not the kind everyone else is wearing) is what he likes to wear on a night out and during the day something a little less casual. I've never seen him in khakis or polos..which is good because I really don't care for that look. He loves suits and will look for an excuse to wear them. For mens clothing he definitely has more fashion sense than I do...i know nothing about mens clothes and have no interest them really. Whenever my guy friends would ask me to help them shop, I send them to him.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    He's quite a bit older than I am and he wears baggy jeans and tshirts...usually band/tour tshirts. I've never seen him more dressed up than that. Wait, I bought him a nice turtleneck, so I saw him in that once. :lol:

He's a painter, so he can get away with it. He's a very free spirit.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    ... and he's a very snappy dresser.

That sounded like something someone in their 70's would say ahmcio.gif
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    Josephine wrote:
    He's 31 and kind of on the metrosexual side of dressing. Normally he'll just wear jeans and a tshirts. He's got more jeans than I do and usually nice kinda stylish brands/cuts - 575, Guess, Diesel are his favorite. His shirts are more on the fitted side but not too fitted. Button down nice dress shirts(and not the kind everyone else is wearing) is what he likes to wear on a night out and during the day something a little less casual. I've never seen him in khakis or polos..which is good because I really don't care for that look. He loves suits and will look for an excuse to wear them. For mens clothing he definitely has more fashion sense than I do...i know nothing about mens clothes and have no interest them really. Whenever my guy friends would ask me to help them shop, I send them to him.

Where does he shop? I'm finding it hard to find good places for him around here... and he hates to spend money on clothes.
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users
    DH is 30 and wears graphic tees, baggy jeans, and khaki cargo shorts. He wears a uniform all week at work so unless we are going to a wedding or funeral, he is casual the rest of the time. I don't mind because I dress casual too!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mar... :)

Work: carhartt pants, t-shirt, work boots.
    home: khakis, t-shirts, button down shirts, cargos, pullover shirts, cargo shorts, etc.

Where does he shop? I'm finding it hard to find good places for him around here... and he hates to spend money on clothes.

Well my bf spends money on clothes - his favorite stores are United Colors of Beneton, Guess, Sisley..'gayish' type stores for men. He likes stuff from Zara but we dont have one in our city. European clothes usually fit much smaller which works out for him because he's kinda short and skinny. He's more snobby about clothes and shoes than I am.
    sariroo wrote:
    DH is 30 and wears graphic tees, baggy jeans, and khaki cargo shorts. He wears a uniform all week at work so unless we are going to a wedding or funeral, he is casual the rest of the time. I don't mind because I dress casual too!

This is my boyfriend too. Not a big deal I guess, because I'm usually pretty casual too.

This all came up because we're going on a vacation this summer to a nice resort where they require pants and closed toe shoes at the restaurants.
    Guess we gotta go shopping... :P
    OK another question...

How do you determine what length of jean/pant to buy (other than trying them on). My guy is 6'0...I'm thinking 32 length!?!?!?

I'm ordering stuff online and gonna surprise him. :wink: :D
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    OK another question...

How do you determine what length of jean/pant to buy (other than trying them on). My guy is 6'0...I'm thinking 32 length!?!?!?

oh nonononono! :oops: :lol: that's one thing i have not been bold enough to buy for him. he's very particular about his pants. :lol:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    My bf is 32. He wears bootcut jeans with either sweaters, polos or solid t-shirts. Occasionally a button down tucked in with a jacket on, which is my personal faaaavorite. He typically wears a brown belt, sometimes a cloth colored one. He wears cowboy boots, sketchers shoes or sketchers sneakers. He's gorgeous in anything. I swear, there are things I think are the biggest fashion faux pas, but he can wear it and I don't care.
    Under construction.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Cargo khakis, loose-fitting jeans, graphic tees, and some nice long-sleeved shirts for colder weather. He doesn't own any suits, ties, dress shoes, slacks, or button-down shirts. He DOES own a very grungy, beat up, faded old flannel shirt that he'll wear nearly anywhere. :)
    curlyarca wrote:
    OK another question...

oh nonononono! :oops: :lol: that's one thing i have not been bold enough to buy for him. he's very particular about his pants. :lol:

I know. He's gonna kill me. :oops: :P
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote:
    OK another question...

I know. He's gonna kill me. :oops: :P

My bf is about 6'0, and he used to wear 32 until I told him to try on a 34 and he liked them much better. :lol: It depends on the length of his legs--not all 6'0ers will have the same leg length. If you can, maybe order both sizes and return whichever isn't the best.
    Under construction.
    That sounded like something someone in their 70's would say

Nah, if I was in my 70's, I'd probably have said "he's a very natty dresser". And if he was in his 70's, he'd probably be wearing pants from the 1950's...depression era babies never seem to want to spend a dime on new clothes.

You can't tell by height. You have to go by inseam measurement. Take a tape measure and measure his inseam...I'm sure he won't mind that a bit...

Seriously, measure the inseam of a pair of pants he already owns (that fit well) and that will tell you the length to buy.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    That sounded like something someone in their 70's would say

Nah, if I was in my 70's, I'd probably have said "he's a very natty dresser". And if he was in his 70's, he'd probably be wearing pants from the 1950's...depression era babies never seem to want to spend a dime on new clothes.

That's the truth! My husband's grandpa is depression era and he has moccasins that he put duct tape on so he could keep wearing them :lol:
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users

You can't tell by height. You have to go by inseam measurement. Take a tape measure and measure his inseam...I'm sure he won't mind that a bit...

Seriously, measure the inseam of a pair of pants he already owns (that fit well) and that will tell you the length to buy.

My son wears a 32" length and he is 5'11'
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    He usually wears jeans and sneakers (the same pair of sneakers every day-- blue ones). He'll wear a solid-colored t-shirt if it's warm, and if it's not, he varies between a blue fleece pullover and a green sweater. Very predictable. :lol: Occasionally he'll wear a hoodie, a polo shirt, or a different sweater, but not often!

He's 24.

ETA- Oh, I forgot. The t-shirts he wears aren't super baggy like so many guys wear, so that's one plus at least! :wink: No, seriously, his clothes are fine, I like them, I just sometimes wish he'd mix it up a bit more.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
    Mar wrote:

My son wears a 32" length and he is 5'11'

I didnt realize we were that curvier than men..I'm 5'6 and I need 34..I can wear 32 if I am wearing really thin flat flip flops maybe. My hips are kinda extra large though.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    He has no style right now. :lol: He wears fatigues 5 days out the week and when not in uniform, wears whatever is available. Most of the time, t-shirts and comfortable pants. But outside of casual wear, he loves dressing up.

Oh, and he's 27.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mr. Jeep is 48 and has pretty much the same style as me. Casual, casual, casual. Jeans, tees, tank tops, sweatshirts, sneakers.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    S/O is 42 and casual. Jeans and colored or decroative T-shirts mostly. He can clean up well if he needs to, but it's not that often. I see more baseball jerseys out now as well. He loves his Ed Ott and his Clemente jerseys. He does at least buy the proper inseam length, and he doesn't like the baggy style.

Speaking of baggy, I recall S/O laughing at a kid last week running in the rain holding his pants up because his pants were too darn baggy for him to run in without holding them up.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    OK another question...

Uhh, measure his inseam (from his crotch to below his ankle where the pants should fall) while he's asleep?

At 5'9" I have a 33" inseam, and at 6' my SO has a 30" inseam, so it really depends on ratio of leg to torso. If he has long legs, I'd go with 34", if he has short legs 32". I'd be wary of going less than that unless he's got a really long torso.
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
    Uhh, measure his inseam (from his crotch to below his ankle where the pants should fall) while he's asleep?

I don't know any men who would stay asleep through such a measurement...
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users

Hmm. Good point. :oops:
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    firelily wrote:

Hmm. Good point. :oops:

:lol:

All she'd have to do is check the inseam of pants he already owns. Ones that fit, that is. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area