Do you always wear make up?

shoe_galshoe_gal Posts: 4Registered Users
For example, at school or work?

At the beginning of secondary school i was constantly wearing it but now at the end of my first year of A levels I find myself less and less dependent on it.

My skin has got alot better too and people really notice when i have make up on now - not sure whether thats a compliment but hey! :roll:
"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."
Marilyn Monroe

~*~*~*~*~

3A with some 2B

Comments

• SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Posts: 100Registered Users
    My make-up routine has gotten far simpler as I got older. It now takes me less than 5 minutes to put my "face" on in the morning, using powder, blush, eyebrow gel, an eyeliner OR eyeshadow, and mascara.

If I'm really in a pinch for time, I'll wear lipstick, mascara and powder and that's it.

I try to go without make-up at least one day a week, just to let my skin breathe. Usually that's on a Sunday, when I don't have much going on.

I definitely agree that wearing less make-up will help your skin look better. I don't think women should feel "obligated" to wear make-up either, or praised more when they DO wear it. I'm sure you're lovely with or without!
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Heck no! But if I didn't look better with makeup, I definitely wouldn't wear it.

Why do you wear makeup, if you don't think you look better with it (and are insulted if you get compliments)?

I wear makeup sometimes, and am loving the Kiss Me mascara, but I definitely don't always wear makeup.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • whdayuswhdayus Posts: 14Registered Users
    I worked in a clean room for a while where makeup was not allowed. That cured me of wearing it everyday. Now I wear makeup when I go out at night or if my confidence needs a boost (think job interviews etc).

My skin is in much better condition since I stopped wearing makeup.
    Wen
  • MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
    I always wear foundation if I'm going out anywhere. My skin can look very red in places, so I would feel very self-conscious going out without it.

I read somewhere that wearing foundation can help your skin, as you touch it less. I agree totally that not wearing make-up sometimes is a good idea (I don't wear it when I'm not going out), but I don't touch my skin if I've got foundation on, as I don't want to mess it up. If I'm not wearing foundation, I tend to touch my face more.

And also, in my humble opinion, when you start wearing full make-up every day, you can end up in a position where you feel you have to wear it every day. I've seen some people who didn't wear any make-up one day, as a one-off, and they tended to look washed out and not too good at all. It was the comparison with their normal look, I think, that made them appear washed out. I'm not saying this will be the case for everyone, it's just something I've noticed with some people.

With that in mind, I prefer to wear minimal make up - foundation, powder, occasional mascara and maybe some lipstuff. It also means that when I go out and want to dress up, I can wear eye liner etc and really make an impression.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't like to leave the house without makeup on. I do occasionally, but not often. I do wear foundation, but I don't wear blush or eyeshadow.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Definetely not all the time. Usually all the time out in public though. But I'm beggining to go natural in public more often. I guess I sorta got into the habit and just automatically felt like make-up was needed to pull myself together for going out, but as long as I don't look messy, it's not so bad. If it's something like going to a movie, then I definetely wear make-up, but the grocery store, bank, no.
  • FionaFiona Posts: 158Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wear makeup to work - tinted moisturiser, powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick but only wear makeup (other than lipstick, which I wear whenever I leave the house) on weekends if I'm going somewhere other than shopping or meeting friends.
    If you can't be a Good Example, then you'll just have to be a Horrible Warning
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Posts: 53Registered Users
    I wear foundation and powder every day just because I am not blessed with totally flawles skin and feel more confident with some slap on it! Also, a lot of make up now have SPF's in so it help's to protect my skin from the elements.

I normally wear mascara as well, depending if I've had my eyelashes dyed recently or not. They're not very dark so it helps them stand out.

I don't bother with eyeshadow or eye liner on a day to day basis, I only wear them occasionally when I'm going out. As for lipsticks, I own a ton of 'em but never wear any! I think I get suckered into buying them as I like the colours and packaging but just want to wipe them off as soon as I apply - I tend to think I look strange with a coloured mouth. Weird I know!
  • shoe_galshoe_gal Posts: 4Registered Users
    i hardly wear it, so glad i'm not the only one girls at my school cake it on.

Ok if you had to pick one piece of make up to put on, what would it be?

I would choose lipstick as lets face it, its' just the most fun! :D
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."
    Marilyn Monroe

~*~*~*~*~

3A with some 2B
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ...a lot of make up now have SPF's in so it help's to protect my skin from the elements.

please don't rely on the SPF in foundation to give you adequate protection from the sun.

see my June column - link the homepage - or the thread on sunscreen on the non-hair board for more info on this.

and since i've been writing the column, i find i have to wear makeup - The Works - if i'm doing research. otherwise, no one believes me - even after i hand them my NaturallyCurly card too!

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • msgdfx1msgdfx1 Posts: 106Registered Users
    I wear it most days if I am going out in public. But, I don't wear heavy makeup. I will wear concealor on the insides of my eyes because that area is real dark and eyebrow pencil. For work, however, I will add mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss and maybe a highlighter.
    3C and natural for 5 years:angel10:.
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Posts: 53Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    ...a lot of make up now have SPF's in so it help's to protect my skin from the elements.

please don't rely on the SPF in foundation to give you adequate protection from the sun.

No, it's ok Rou, I'm not that daft :) . I use additional sunscreen but having make up with it in is an added bonus
  • Strand-edStrand-ed Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm wearing less as I get older and since my skin is improved (thank you Retin-A and La Mer!!)

On the weekends I'm fine going out with just a little mascara, blush, and chapstick.

In years past I absolutely would not leave the house without full makeup, as my skin was unbelievably bad and I was co-dependant on foundation to cover it up :(

I even wear less at work, which is really not like me (LOL), but I'm not there to impress anyone. I'm content with how I look - I feel I've grown to accept my looks - imperfections and all. I don't want to look perfect, then I might not look like ME :)
  • whdayuswhdayus Posts: 14Registered Users
    Well I have just got a job :D where I will be seeing clients on a regular basis so its back to everyday makeup (all-in-one foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeline, lip liner, lipstick...) and suits and heels.....
    Wen
  • tootlestootles Posts: 14Registered Users
    I only ever wear make-up when I am going out to a club or something or a special occasion. If I wore it all the time my skin would be terrible!

I never wear foundation either, it feels so heavy on my skin.

It's nice to wear it though coz i makes you feel more dressy and prettied up when you are going out or something.

If I could only have one make-up item I'd go for blusher.
    Toots x

there was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead & when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was HORRID!
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    yes..i seem to never leave the house without atleast mascara, bronzer, eyeshadow and gloss...

it takes me about 3 min to apply this, so it isn;t really a big deal.

Although if i have the time...it can take a lot longer!

and honeslty, the mascara is b/c i have blonde lashes, eyeshadow b/c i look really tired without it..bronzer to cover my freckles and the gloss out of habit!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • BookishCurlyBookishCurly Posts: 75Registered Users
    Yes, I always wear make-up. I have some acne scarring in places and the foundation I use evens everything out so that the scars don't show as much. Other than foundation, I just wear mascara and lipstick. :D
    "A thing of beauty is a joy forever: It's loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; but will still keep a bower quiet for us, and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."... John Keats. (Endymion, Book I, 1-5)
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    I'm wearing make-up more often than I used to. There are men my age at work now so I make an effort to look passable. I didn't bother at my last job because it was all women, boys and old men. I think the fact that I HATED the job had more to do with it actually.

I wear the whole kit and caboodle: foundation, shadow, liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss. I only wear light neutral colors so it doesn't look like a mask and honestly half the time my lipgloss is not on. My eyes are my best feature so I like to play them up.

ETA: For me the essential item is mascara because I like to play up my eyes.

Like twirly girl said, I feel weird with a colored mouth but that is because I don't like the shape. Therefore, I wear light colored MAC Lipglass (Oh! Baby, PRRR and Cultured are my faves) or MAC Lip Balm in Soothing Beige
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • FlippitFlippit Posts: 27Registered Users
    This is what I wore every day on my face in high school: Stick foundation, concealer, powder, two shades of blush, two shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner, clear mascara on eyebrows, regular mascara on eyelashes, lipliner, lipstick, lipgloss.

This is what I wear now: Sunscreen, mascara, sheer tinted lipgloss. If I'm going somewhere fancy I might also wear a little translucent powder but only on the T-zone. Many days I wear only the sunscreen.
    Sporting: Long hair that can't make up its mind. Wavy? Curly? Straight? It's anyone's guess!
  • curlyflutistcurlyflutist Posts: 1Registered Users
    Most days I just wear a smidge of eyeliner on my lower lashes, some lip balm (think chapstick), and *maybe* some blush if my face feels really pale.

If Im going somewhere special then I might put a little shadow or glitter on my lids, with some natural looking blush, liner, and maybe lip gloss instead of balm.

Ive stuck with this routine forever, and to be quite honest my face is flawless and free of acne! (all my friends are jealous :P )
    2b/3a/3b? hair, about bra strap length. Modified CG since June '04.

"When in doubt, trill." -John Phillip Sousa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file