CurlTalk

Nexxus Exxtra Gel

I bought Nexxus Humectress, and the Nexxus Exxtra Gel the other day, and I thought I was going to love the gel b/c it went in my hair very slippery, and silky feeling. I was looking for a gel that would be more moisturizing, and softening to my hair. But when it dried, it was TOTALLY not like this at all.

I don't know if I have to try new methods with this or what. I've been doing the B&A method, and it's drying very stringy, and when I try to scrunch out the crunch - I can't. Every other gel I've been using, I let it airdry w/o touching, and when it's dry, I can scrunch the crunchies out, and it's soft. This one is very stringy looking, and feeling, and doesn't harden into a cast that can come loose.

The things I'm thinking of trying are maybe to use less, or to use it on very wet hair out of the shower.

Any suggestions?
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    You can try using less. I had the same problem with the Nexxus Mousse. I haven't found a Nexxus styling product I like. The Humectress is great though! Have you tried it yet?
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    Ya, I've used the Humectress, and the Therapy shampoo, and I loved both of them - I can't recall if I've used any other product by them. I assumed since I loved Humectress, that I would love their gel.

Most gels seem to be more or less the same for me. At the most I may get more curl formation w/ one, or either a softer, or drier feel with another. I figured since it was a higher quality, moisturizing gel, and the ingredients were all good, I wouldn't have a problem. :?
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.