help needed!!!

emmylouemmylou Posts: 3Registered Users
i really need some help from some no-poo experts, i have been on CG no-poo regime for 3 weeks but my hair has been really yukky to touch, it's looked quite curly but has no shine, i figured i was getting some build up from my conditioner (although can't see any 'cones in the ingredients) or maybe from my gel (has PEG 12 dimethicone - but this is ok cos there's a peg first, right????).

Anyway have used poo today to clear previuos buildup and tried a new conditioner, the one i use on my curly toddler's hair for her co-wash and her hair looks and feels great, but i still have a horrible, slightly sticky, feel to my hair!!

i have 3b hair, just above shoulder length (following disastrous haircut!!!!)do i need to get a new conditioner?? do i need to get a new gel?? what am i doing wrong???????

(new) conditioner ingredients are: aqua, distearyldimonium chloride, stearyl alcohol, hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-80 sirbitan laurate, quaternium-18, PEG-5 stearamine, tetrasodium EDTA, citric acid, sodium benzoate, parfum, CI 47005, CI 16035

gel ingredients: aqua, VP/VA copolymer, triethanolamine, carbomer, crylus avellana, laureth 23, methyl gluceth-20, DMDM hydantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, parfum, PEG-12 dimethicone, benzophenone-4, panthenol, silk amino acids, TEA-cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, CI 60730, benzyl benzoate, geranoil, hexyl cinnamal, linalool.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Did you clarify before you started?
    3b-3c CG
  • emmylouemmylou Posts: 3Registered Users
    just used a regular shampoo. tried lemon-aid last week but didn't notice any difference
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Maybe you're protein sensitive. There's protein in your gel, so it might be building up and making your hair feel weird. Or, you might just need different products! There's lots of products that work for some and don't for others.
    3b-3c CG
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    You didn't mention which CO you started with. The ingredient list you copied seems to be of an ordinary synthetic CO, and the quaternium-18 could be the culprit. Get yourself a better CO and do a baking soda rinse before starting over. I usually recommend to people to go to a health food store and choose on of Nature's Gate or Jason's COs as they have fewer synthetic ingredients that could cause build-up problems.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • emmylouemmylou Posts: 3Registered Users
    have had a better result with a new gel, umberto giannini curl friends. but i have indeed been using sythethic CO - my health food shop isn't great for hair products, everything's full of 'cones! i have been looking online and like the look of MOP stuff, i think i'll treat myself!

i thought CG would simplify my haircare, now i feel like i need a degree in chemistry before i buy a conditioner!!!!!

thanks for the help, i'll let you know how i get on :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file