What is the worst weather for your hair?

MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233
Hi,

I felt like doing a poll for no particular reason. :lol:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I saw wind as a temporary setback while the dry cold is murder on my hair and scalp.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    Tough call. I voted for humidity, mainly because since I live in FL now, I can't seem to get a handle on it. It's muggy in the morning some days even.

However, ocean breezes (read: very strong winds) are more disruptive to my curls than anything when they are looking great (when humidity isn't 2 billion percent). I know of a bunch of products my curls loved, but they couldn't hold up to the wind here.

So for me, it's a 51:49 tie, humidity:wind.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • souds1souds1 Registered Users Posts: 32
    I picked cold. My hair just doesn't look as good in the winter. I love the way my hair looks in the summer...it looks bigger, fuller & a little wild.
    The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
  • cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    I picked wind!
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    I picked wind!
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • weaverweaver Registered Users Posts: 2
    Wind for me! North-easter in Chicago is a killer. And I live on the lake.
    3b fine strands or Fia Hair Type - 3bFi
  • nowIlovecurlsnowIlovecurls Registered Users Posts: 5
    I picked humidity, because that's what gives me frizzy, flat-topped, too-short curls. (But I went to college in Pensacola Florida, which is often blustery wind + intense humidity, and that's the absolute worst!)

My hair is always perfect when I visit Las Vegas or any desert location--shiny, bouncy, and full of body with no frizz. (Maybe I should move?)
    3b brunette corkscrews (Fia hairtype 3bNii), 1 inch below shoulders when dry. No shampoo since 3/11/04.
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Registered Users Posts: 673 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not sure. I always have problems deciding if the weather I'm in is humid or not. My hair got very frizzy in San Francisco this week. It was cool and windy over there. Not sure if it was humid. I'm stupid like that.
  • PottervillePotterville Registered Users Posts: 137 Curl Connoisseur
    COLD!!!!!!!
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

http://potterville.wordpress.com/
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I had to pick Sun as it's the closest to my current DRY conditions. My hair still looks decent in all the other conditions EXCEPT the dry sunny climate of New Mexico. :evil: My hair actually prefers the more humid climates like Europe and the SF Bay Area (home). But this hot dry sun here just totally dries out my hair and fades my haircolor! :shock:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    Wniter time is awful-my hair is dry and limp.
    I like it with a little fluff,so I like the humidity:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • meowmixmeowmix Registered Users Posts: 48
    Definitely rain - there's no stopping my hair from being ruined when it rains!
  • plinkplink Registered Users Posts: 103
    Cold cause if it's below freezing I'm afraid my hair will freeze and break. It's also dryer in the winter.
    I have finally realized I look my best when my hair tells me how it is going to fall, and I just make suggestions.

3A BSL
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    lalala wrote:
    Same here.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • RainRain Registered Users Posts: 217 Curl Neophyte
    Wind, without question. It causes dryness, tangles, splits, and frizz and unlike the sun, it has no positive side effects.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    lalala wrote:
    Same here.

Rain, rain go away. Come again some other day when I my hair doesn't have to look good. :wink:

The rain never fails to make my hair freak out.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • curlyhockeyfan31curlyhockeyfan31 Registered Users Posts: 40
    Dry cold and wind.

I actually like rain; makes my hair curlier.
    2/3 mix, just below shoulders, fine
    No poo since 11/25/03
    Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner, Chocolate Lust No-Poo
    Jessicurl Deep Conditioner
    Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils
  • MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233
    Wind got my vote, but only just. I'd done my hair one morning and it looked really good. I stepped outside where there were fairly strong winds, and my hair turned into a massive frizzy, poufy disaster. It looked like I had brushed it.

Second on my list is the cold. My hair just doesn't like it at all.

I like a certain amount of humidity best.
  • mishymishy Registered Users Posts: 33
    Wind ruins my hair, just blows the curls right out and makes it a giant, out of control frizz ball. Second would probably be humidity, makes my hair frizz and feel really dry by the end of the day.
    Mishy (color-treated, thick, 2b/2c, several inches below shoulder length, long layers).
  • MidnightDrkStarMidnightDrkStar Registered Users Posts: 2
    is it possible to choose all of the above? my hair seems to be horrid no matter what weather, or what i do to it...i'd straighten the heck out of it if i wasn't so lazy :lol:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
    password: curly
  • curls&swirlscurls&swirls Registered Users Posts: 70
    Another vote for cold, but probably only because the winter here is so dry. It's the dry conditions that make my hair freak out. Relative humidity above 80% is my good friend.
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • whdayuswhdayus Registered Users Posts: 14
    Definitely windy. Think Fran Fine on her 'big hair' days!

If the forecast is wind and I have to go out, then out comes the straightening iron.
    Wen
  • shorty448shorty448 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Wind is the worst! It never fails to give me dandelion-head hair. If I leave my hair even the slightest bit damp before going out in it, I end up with a fuzzy, tangled tumbleweed on my head.

I'd have to say dry cold is second worst. My hair gets limp and crappy and my scalp gets dry and itchy. Yuk. I'm glad it doesn't happen too often here in Texas.
    With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
    Try this trick and spin it, yeah
    Your head will collapse
    If there's nothing in it
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    My hair is different in different weather-but only BAD when it's windy! My hair is too fine and lightweight to hold curls in the wind unless I make it crunchy-and I'd rather have lack of definition than much crunch!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    Discovered this weekend that wind is NOT my hairs friend.... :x
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • ILovejuiceboxesILovejuiceboxes Registered Users Posts: 50
    While humidity ruins my hair, it's rain that get's me. I can fix humidity, plus my products help prevent damage from it. Rain, though, is unpredictable. It wets my hair, therefore rinses out product, leaving my hair in it's not-so-pretty natural state.
    My hair is stubborn. What I thought would help me only resulted in horrible, damaged hair. Straightening my hair is now the only reasonable thing I can do. So, I am no longer CG. Not until my hair gets fixed.
    Goal- Long, shiny locks! Currently shoulder length when curly. Goal is to reach around right below chest area. Wish me luck! :)
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Registered Users Posts: 1,731 Curl Neophyte
    Wind and dry are the worst for my hair. It loves humidity, it likes cold and wet best but I don't, LOL.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
    Heat wasn't listed so I picked sun. Dry+heat= crappy hair which is a lot in the summer in Oklahoma :angry5:
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Registered Users Posts: 860
    I picked rain as that really is a nightmare for my hair. I can cope with wind (good for helping with volume!) Where I am in the UK we do get a lot of rain - sometimes just that light fine drizzle which is just as bad!
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • accphotographyaccphotography Registered Users Posts: 61 Curl Neophyte
    Wind for sure. I can keep my hair together through pretty much everything but wind. Although actual rain is pretty darned hard to deal with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file