CurlTalk

How quickly my hair responded!

I've been experimenting with some of my cast off products in my bathroom since things are working a bit differently w/ the B&A method. So last night I used the old bottle of V05 Curvaceous Curls -

I got into the shower this morning, and co washed, and noticed my hair STILL felt like it had product in it. VERY weird since normally I can rinse products right out of my hair. So I slathered on some more conditioner. Still no slippery seaweed feeling that I normally get. I'm thinking this is so strange! I did and ACV rinse, and although it made it a bit softer, it still didn't feel like it normally does. So I gave up trying to fix it.

I checked my bottle of Curvaceous Curls mousse, and it has cyclopentasiloxane in it!!! AUGH! It was near the bottom, so I must not have noticed it before. But yuck. I can't believe I could feel it in my hair after using it once.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    OMG, babywavy, this is exactly how my responds to this evil cone!! Just one use & it's frizz city for my hair :( I had to clarify TWICE & then DT - never again!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    What is the B&A method?
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    nvm. I found the thread :)
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    kjwavy wrote:
    OMG, babywavy, this is exactly how my responds to this evil cone!! Just one use & it's frizz city for my hair :( I had to clarify TWICE & then DT - never again!!

So true! I've tried quite a few products with this cone (usually way down in the ingredients, but, in the beginning, there were a lot with it right after water), and I always get the same results--intense frizz, a coated sensation of zero seaweediness, and the requirement of at least two clarifying pooings.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    kjwavy wrote:

So true! I've tried quite a few products with this cone (usually way down in the ingredients, but, in the beginning, there were a lot with it right after water), and I always get the same results--intense frizz, a coated sensation of zero seaweediness, and the requirement of at least two clarifying pooings.

Ugh, so now i have to clarify the crap out of my hair? :roll: - I just shampooed the other day, so I didn't want to have to do it again so soon. Grrr.

Oh well, at least it was a good learning experience. I'll never go back to thinking I can use that cone b/c I actually FELT the difference in just one use.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.