Red lips

RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
I need a new red lip color. I'd like it to be sheer, non-shimmery, and RED, but in the blue-red family, not orangy-red. Any suggestions?

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    redwood by mac is a glaze so it's sheer, it's a red blue red not orange red. i love the color but my complaint is that it doesn't last long but i think that goes hand in hand w/ a sheer. for mac i find satins work best for me because i don't like shimmer on my lips either but if you want sheer try it.

hmm...i just looked on line and it's not there but it was. maybe it's been discontinued. you can still find it in the stores even if they are not making new but you might want to go with something that is going to be around.

ok since i'm curious i looked again and you might want to try mac red. read the description here lipsticks look for the one that says mac red and read the description. even though it's a satin it sounds like what you want. you could always put a clear gloss on it for shine
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    MAC Lady Bug is sheer, red and seems on the blue end of the spectrum. (I can wear it, so by default I think it must be, because I just can't wear orange-y reds.) It's one of their Lustre line of lipsticks, which are sheer. I don't remember it being at all shimmery. If MAC Red didn't work out for you, you might try that one. HTH!
  • karyzmakaryzma Registered Users Posts: 158
    I really like one by Elizabeth Arden. It's in a white tube and the bottom of my tube says "Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant. Stick Sheer SPF 15"

Mine right now is the pink one for summer but I like the red one in the winter. It gives lots of moisture and looks very natural on the lips with just the right hint of color.

A clear gloss over top makes it a bit dressier.
    3A - shoulder length

Shampoo: Akamuti African Black Soap
    (every 3 days)

Daily Cond/Co-Wash: MopTop Daily Conditioner
    (daily rinse out fully)

Daily Leave-In: MopTop Leave-It In Conditioner
    (daily on wet hair in shower - not too much - before plopping)
    Styling: Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Foam
    (daily)

• karyzmakaryzma Registered Users Posts: 158
    Ok so that post was about 3 weeks late but I don't to the make up forum often. Maybe I should.... :)
    3A - shoulder length

Shampoo: Akamuti African Black Soap
    (every 3 days)

Daily Cond/Co-Wash: MopTop Daily Conditioner
    (daily rinse out fully)

Daily Leave-In: MopTop Leave-It In Conditioner
    (daily on wet hair in shower - not too much - before plopping)
    Styling: Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Foam
    (daily)

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^ of course you should... all the BEST people hang out here!!!

:D

RedCat, what did you select?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    RedCat, what did you select?

You'll laugh, but for lipcolor I've been using Tarte Cheekstain in Flush. It's a lovely blue-red raspberry color, and since it's a stain, it lasts a very long time and gives a very slight sheen that is still sheer. Smells like raspberries too.

newcheek0106.jpg
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    OMG, I'm laughing, but only because I do the same thing!!! I even use the same shade - I just went running into the bathroom to make sure. :lol:
  • RedheadedcurlsRedheadedcurls Registered Users Posts: 210
    I love Benefit Benetint- I'm a natural redhead and can only wear blue-reds. This is great, it's a lip balm and sheer color in one. I also love Clinque's Black Honey.
    3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

PW: curls
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I love and use Benetint for cheek color, but it's not quite blue/red enough for me for lip color. I don't like Tarte on my cheeks...it never seems to dry enough, but I love it for lip color.
    the Revlon Just Bitten is fairly blue/red and i just got the Avon Glazewear for lips in Real Red and it REALLY stains! it's also not a "goopy" lip gloss.
    My blog:

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i got the mac red this weekend and it's a winner!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    What's a good orange/red? I was told I should not wear blue reds and that I should wear gold or coppery jewelry rather than silver. I have no clue how to find an orangey red lipstick.
    Make Up Forever has a lot of good orange-red shades.

Orange Red 271
    Copper Beige 310
    Pinkish Orange 403
    Copper Orange 440
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file