Face Cleanser Reccomendations?

Starrynite719Starrynite719 Registered Users Posts: 21
Hello people in the world of curliness,

I was wondering if anyone had a reccomendation for a face wash that they use. I have normal to oily skin. I breakout occasionally. I am currently using L'Oreal Hydrafresh.. and it works okay, but it doesn't really help with my face breaking out. I also have a problem with my face getting oily and shiny by the afternoon. Any reccomendations?

Also, does anyone use either the Aveeno face products or Cetaphil? How do you like those?

Thanks!! :lol:

Lauren
~*Lauren*~
2b/3a, fine, thick, dry hair
Past shoulder length, gets wavy when longer and curly when shorter.

Comments

• SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Registered Users Posts: 100
    I have oily skin, and I would recommend Cetaphil for Oily Skin, or another very gentle cleanser like Purpose or Clean and Clear for sensitive skin (both of those are a little cheaper than Cetaphil). Cleansers that are supposed to dry out oily skins end up being too harsh and too drying, in my experience. Nothing worse than oily skin that also has big dry flaky patches all over it!

For shine, I've found that a good powder and some of those little oil absorbing sheets are the best. Trying to use cleanser, toner or other products to dry out the oil doesn't work very well.

I didn't have much luck from the mattifying products that everybody has now, either. They contain silicone, if I remember correctly, and didn't work well, considering how much they cost! (I used Lancome and also Clinique.)
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Registered Users Posts: 53
    I use and have previously recommended the L'Oreal Pure Zone range...

Pore Unclogging Scrub Cleanser
    Pore Tightening Astringent
    Skin Relief Oil-Free Moisturizer

The range works really well at keeping shiny skin at bay and has improved my skin no end. I think it was Poopsie that I recommended them to before and they worked really well for her too!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Hello people in the world of curliness,
    Also, does anyone use either the Aveeno face products or Cetaphil? How do you like those?
    Lauren

I liked Cetaphil but it doesn't really get all the makeup off - so it's only good for when you're not wearing makeup.

I've tried the Aveeno products and they all make me breakout, and I am not prone to breakouts.

You might try the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop. It's very good for clearing up blemishes and it's not overly drying or harsh.
  • AmbrosiaAmbrosia Registered Users Posts: 60
    i really like PETER THOMAS ROTH products (found at speciality stores like sephora and ulta). their face cleanser BPO 5% is great for everyday use. They have a 10%, but i find it dries my combination skin, but it may not on your normal to oily skin. ive tried tons and tons of cleansers, including aveeno. and PTR is my preference and recommendation. if you are acne-prone, aveeno and cetaphil may not make enough of a difference. PTR products are little more expensive...about 30-35 dollars, but its a good sized bottle and i wouldnt skimp on such an important facial product. PTR also removes makeup very well.

my favorite drugstore face cleanser is neutrogena oil-free acne face wash...despite the price, its effective and never dries out my skin.

neutrogena gave me good skin but PTR gave me great skin!!!
  • Starrynite719Starrynite719 Registered Users Posts: 21
    Thanks for the Recs. :D
    I got some of The Body Shop's Tea Oil Face wash.. so we will so how that works out.
    Sorry that I posted the same question twice.. whoops.. :oops:
    ~*Lauren*~
    2b/3a, fine, thick, dry hair
    Past shoulder length, gets wavy when longer and curly when shorter.
  • miacurlmiacurl Registered Users Posts: 332
    I have used Serious Skin Care's Glycolic Cleanser. Many of their products have made my skin work. But this is the only cleanser that works for me--and you don't need a toner with it. HSN.com carries it. One bottle lasts me six months, you only need a dime size to a nickel size amt. Love it.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • miacurlmiacurl Registered Users Posts: 332
    I wrote many of their products make my skin work-- I meant WORSE
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • FlippitFlippit Registered Users Posts: 27
    I use Magick Botanicals all-purpose cleanser. I have very sensitive oily/combo skin with breakout prone forehead and chin. Anything with oil and/or fragrance makes my skin break out or else tight and itchy. The MB cleanser is designed for people who are sensitive to chemicals.
    Sporting: Long hair that can't make up its mind. Wavy? Curly? Straight? It's anyone's guess!
  • mslauratsmslaurats Registered Users Posts: 23
    is a miracle product for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file