TRANSITION?

babyphat21babyphat21 Posts: 124Registered Users
I like my newly relaxed hair... I relaxed it because i damaged my natural hair too much for it to look nice curly anymore... and because i look like a 12 year old with curly frizzy hair... but i miss my curls... so should i transition this summer or wait until i look older?
SUPER THICK 3C zig-zags, blackish with random natural brown/red highlights. Searching for my exact heritage, 'cause I don't have a clue...

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I'd transition.
    3b-3c CG
  • babyphat21babyphat21 Posts: 124Registered Users
    yea i was thinking that...
    but now i'm kinda mad at myself for spending $100 dollars for a relaxer. But it was pretty much the only way to make me look decent for the time being.
    So.
    I'm starting to lean towards transitioning...anyone else?
    SUPER THICK 3C zig-zags, blackish with random natural brown/red highlights. Searching for my exact heritage, 'cause I don't have a clue...
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would transition too. Putting a relaxer over damaged natural hair isn't the way to go to make it "look" better. It's still damaged, unfortunately(unless the stylist cut off all of your damaged length).

Have you ever transitioned before or did you do a BC? Transitioning can be very difficult and it seems like you were unable to maintain your natural hair w/o alittle difficulty. It takes alot of patience and TLC. What works on your relaxed hair most likely will not work on your transitioning hair, especially once you have some significant growth so be prepared to be alittle frustrated. You'll have to experiment with products and techniques to find what works best for your hair.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • babyphat21babyphat21 Posts: 124Registered Users
    yea i transitioned before and i loved it at first... then i don't know what happened and after a while it just lookd a mess... but the great ((and REALLY WEIRD THING)) is that my hair still curls almost exactly how it did when i first transitioned... and its supposed to be "relaxed". OH well... i'm just glad it will blend. and be long AND curly the whole time. So i don't regret my relaxer.
  • Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with my own curly regime since I'm still transitioning since to natural for about 1 year and 3 months 10 days......so I really need some curly hair help.....PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME..... :( :?
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    babyphat21 wrote:
    I like my newly relaxed hair... I relaxed it because i damaged my natural hair too much for it to look nice curly anymore... and because i look like a 12 year old with curly frizzy hair... but i miss my curls... so should i transition this summer or wait until i look older?

Well if you had your hair thermally reconditioned...then it will probably just wear out anyway and go back to curly.

...but if you used any of that yucky stuff then you have to cut it off.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file