CurlTalk

How do you sleep?

I was just wondering if you put your hair up or did something fancy with it to get second day hair?
It's SUCH a drag to wet it EVERY morning. >.<
If I'm lucky I can get second day hair. :P
image22bm.jpg

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    A lot of us do a "pineapple", which is just a high, loose ponytail on top of your head with a scrunchie. Many people also have good luck using a satin pillowcase, which is smoother than a regular one.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • deiligedeilige Posts: 4Registered Users
    I have short hair.

gaspp.jpg

And when I do the pineapple, my hair gets all messed up and sticks in one direction.. Maybe it's because i'm not using satin? I think my pillow cases are cotton.. -shrug-

Anyone else with tips?

:) Thanks pixie.
    image22bm.jpg
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I think some users with short hair have had luck using a satin nightcap. Then you wouldn't have to use a satin pillowcase too. You might look/feel a little silly, but anything for good hair right? :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • Anthro IncarnateAnthro Incarnate Posts: 555Registered Users
    I used to do a dozen two-strand twists, which I then put into a single braid. That took about 10 minutes each night. Now I do the pineapple, or as close to that as I can get (my hair actually is too short for a ponytail now). Like you, my hair kind of sticks out and holds the pineapple shape when I take it down, but spritzing it with water and wrapping random curls around my finger helps. Mostly I don't bother with second-day hair though.
    póg mo thóin
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    If I'm not being super picky, I can get 2nd day hair with a spritz of spray gel (set me up) and "no touching" of the hair until it's dry, then fluff a bit once dry.

The lavendar and water spray recipe in the CG book works well to refresh curls, too.

Some 2nd days are better than others, if I'm on day 3 of no poo, just condish, then I might skip trying to get 2nd day hair.
    2b/3a.