Humidity is tricky!

teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
Yesterday I had the best hair day. I recently bought some HE set me up gel and used it for the first time so I was assuming that the gel was just my newest holy grail and the best product ever.

Um.... no, it was humid and rainy. It's not often humid in Utah. I get ringlets when rained on. I sometimes forget that.

Anyone else get tricked by the weather?

(fyi, I do like the smu but I don't think it's as amazing as I initially did)
Fine Wavy (2a)
Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.

Comments

• EmberEmber Posts: 27Registered Users
    I can't say as I get tricked so much as that I am always happy when it's cloudy and rainy in Vegas because I know my hair is going to look great. I generally view my hair as either 3a with 2s underneath and in back, or as a 2 with 3a curls at my temples and canopy. If it's rainy, or better yet if I'm vacationing in say, San Diego or back east, I have a head full of perfectly formed 3a and even 3b curls with very little products needed. I also don't have much of a problem with frizz when it's humid, I frizz more when my hair is especially dry or I've messed with it too much before it dries out of the shower.

Anyway, I feel your pain! Desert curlies unite! :)
    2a to 3a to ringlets on my head. My scalp behaves like a wavy, below the ears is DRY. Co-wash every 1-3 days with Vo5 VitaBurst, daily condition with Aloe 80, honey rinse followed by Alagio Crazy Curls and HE Set Me Up.
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Maybe I'm getting tricked all the time - LOL! I live in Alabama and it's humid here 9 months of the year! :wink:

Truth is that I check the projected humidity for the next couple days before deciding what to do with my hair. I'm a slave to the weather!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I don't get tricked. I know my hair loves humidity. I live for the weather we are having in PA right now! in the winter myhair really frustrates me. ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file