Orange juice = yellow skin?

MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
Hi,

On and off, for a while now, the skin around my mouth has looked yellow. It's not just dirt, because it looks yellow even after I've used face mask, cleanser etc. Also, some days it looked worse than others, and sometimes the colour was normal. It's not my foundation colour either, as my skin looked yellow without it.

So it was quite a mystery. After a particularly orangey day, I decided to look up about it. One thing was of interest - infants, when first weaned, can have slightly orangey/yellowy skin if they have too many orangey/yellowy foods, such as carrots, for example. I don't know if orange juice comes under the same category, and it didn't mention the problem in adults, so I wasn't sure. I only drink about 1-2 glasses of juice a day anyway, and sometimes none at all.

My sister has always hated orange juice. But, over the past week, she took a liking to it and guzzled a lot. By the end of the week, we were noticing a yellowy tinge on her skin - the same colour as my yellowy tinge, and in the same place. I've come to the conclusion that it was the orange juice, and that for some reason, my sister and I are sensitive to it. I haven't drunk juice for a couple of days now, and already my skin looks better.

I just thought I'd post about this in case anyone is having a similar problem, in case anyone finds this sort of thing interesting, and if anyone knows why orange juice would make skin look yellow.

:?

Comments

• chappysmomchappysmom Posts: 107Registered Users
    I never noticed that, but every now and again, when I drink too much OJ, the skin under my rings will turn green--presumably reacting with the extra acidity in my skin.
    Deb in NJ; 3a, dark brown, longish, layered, fine, reasonably thick hair, pale skin

Proud mom of Chappy, a 10-year old Boykin Spaniel, also with chocolate brown, 3a curls

Chappysmom.com
    Punctuality Rules!
    Booking Through Thursday
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    my quit smoking and decided to replace her addiction with carrots. Her skin turned yellow from excessive beta-carotine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file