lipstick...i need some

ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
i have a bobbi brown lip shine in black berry that isn't too bad.

i don't want a too heavy lipstick...something light, no taste, no fragrance.

any suggestions?

i want to make a new lipstick a reward for myself for meeting a goal.

thanks!
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    There's about a million lippies out there. I like a more natural sheer look, that will last all day. Benetint Cheek and Lip Stain does that. With or without gloss over top, it looks sexy and natural.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    I love Mac lipstick in Syrup. Unfortunately it doesn't last all day, but it meets your other requirements.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    what about the old standby...

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    thanks for the suggestions!

now i have something to work with...
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    I like Lancome Juicy Rouge. I have three of them in varying degrees of color. They're like gloss in stick form.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • meriellynmeriellyn Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    I usually hate Cover Girlbut I love the new True Shine. I have it in Blushberry Shine and Wine Shine and love both. No smell, no taste, awesome finish (not too dry but not running off your lips). I was amazed how pleased I was with that purchase. Then I had to get another one. :)
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • tschocktschock Registered Users Posts: 101
    meriellyn wrote:
    I usually hate Cover Girlbut I love the new True Shine. I have it in Blushberry Shine and Wine Shine and love both. No smell, no taste, awesome finish (not too dry but not running off your lips). I was amazed how pleased I was with that purchase. Then I had to get another one. :)

I just bought the Blushberry, too! I love it. The color is just perfect for me. It feels nice on my lips (not drying) and it's a nice finish...not too shiny but not matte. I will definitely try other colors!
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
    I had a consultation yesterday with a woman who came over and made me try on all of my clothes and told me what works and what doesn't. She also does makeup. She told me that my beloved Syrup was too light for me. Apparently I look too washed out. I have Mac Captive and used to wear that all of the time. She said that works better for me. So I am wearing it today. I'm actually dressed differently today because of the things she told me and I like how I look. BUT I am also having a good hair day. :o
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    sdcurly wrote:
    She told me that my beloved Syrup was too light for me. Apparently I look too washed out.

then i would wear different makeup with it - a touch more blush, a stronger eye.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Registered Users Posts: 1,020
    How dark is the Black Honey? I read the description, and the texture sounds great for me, but I'd prefer not to wear anything that is obviously lipsticky (i.e. not too dark).
    rouquinne wrote:
    sdcurly wrote:
    She told me that my beloved Syrup was too light for me. Apparently I look too washed out.

then i would wear different makeup with it - a touch more blush, a stronger eye.

She did say I needed more blush also. I only do mascara on my eyes I have no idea how to do eye shadow.
  • Way WavyWay Wavy Registered Users Posts: 117
    i have a bobbi brown lip shine in black berry that isn't too bad.

OMG! I opened this thread with the intention of recommending THAT VERY PRODUCT! It's my absolute HG lip product!!

I love all of Bobbi Brown's lipsticks and glosses. I am very picky about lipstick, since I wear it all the time (if you see me without it, call the morgue 'cause I must be dead).

When I tell people I use Bobbi Brown lipstick, hardly anyone's ever heard of it and they think I'm using some scary makeup made by Bobby Brown! :oops: :roll:
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Way Wavy,

I have decided to stay with the Bobbi Brown. It gives just enough color without being too much and too lipsticky.

It is good stuff!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file