CurlTalk

I'm not liking LOOB

I don't know what possessed me to buy this today, other than I was having an urge to buy a hair product that I couldn't control, and since I have more than enough conditioners..........

So, I used it like I would use any product, or gel, or whatever, and I'm totally not impressed. I've been having the BEST luck w/ plain old AVG, and I should just stick with it. LOOB made my hair so stringy and not curly at all. Blech!

The only hope I have is that I can use it over AVG when I go to scrunch out the crunch.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    LOOB wasn't magical for me but I do looooove LTW.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    I got disappointing results too, it also doesn't have enough hold for me and I can't layer products, that for sure gives me stringy hair if I didn't have it already!

meriellyn:

What's LTW?
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I got disappointing results too, it also doesn't have enough hold for me and I can't layer products, that for sure gives me stringy hair if I didn't have it already!

meriellyn:

What's LTW?

L'Oreal Tightly Wound, I think.

I am not crazy about LOOB either...seems to make my hair feel producty, unless I use a tiny amount and then I don't get any hold. Tightly Wound is useful, though. I like spray gel to tame the fuzzies on humid days.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    LOOB wasn't all that good for me either. I got a few, individually nice ringlets. However, the rest of my hair was flat, intensely producty frizzy, and looked like someone had given me a noogie. For four or five ringlets (that were frizzy too), it just wasn't worth it.

Also, I found this stuff doesn't hold my style as of my hair drying but molds into whatever I do during the day. After working out, my hair was almost straight from the ponytail.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I'm glad I didn't buy it then! I have enough stylers as it is, that work just fine for me. And I don't use them consistently enough to warrant even having them! :oops:
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I decided to try it- I'm running out of some products that I need to order and was hoping I might be able to replace some with drugstore brands! Nope... the first day I used this the ends of my hair felt like plastic and I had much more surface frizz than normal. I tried using less, and it's like it wasn't there. Oh well...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    It didn't do anything special for me either, I got rid of it in a swap.
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Posts: 945Registered Users
    Ok, what is loob? :oops:
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    JerseyCurl wrote:
    Ok, what is loob? :oops:

ROFL! I'm sitting here thinking...okay, I really should know that one...but I don't know either!! :D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Loreal Out of Bed
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    Alright, I changed my method, and I think I'm changing my mind about LOOB. Today I did my usual B&A routine w/ AVG, only this time when my hair was dry, I used the LOOB to smooth over the top, and then scrunch a bit through while I was scrunching out the crunch. I used it just like I use SIF.

LOVED it! Came out great. No dry feeling, bounced up my curls a ton, looked great and lots of curl and volume and good stuff. So I will be able to at least use up the tub I just bought!

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    babywavy wrote:
    Alright, I changed my method, and I think I'm changing my mind about LOOB. Today I did my usual B&A routine w/ AVG, only this time when my hair was dry, I used the LOOB to smooth over the top, and then scrunch a bit through while I was scrunching out the crunch. I used it just like I use SIF.

LOVED it! Came out great. No dry feeling, bounced up my curls a ton, looked great and lots of curl and volume and good stuff. So I will be able to at least use up the tub I just bought!

Babywavy, that experiment got me excited! I'm going to try using mine that way too and see what happens, thanks for sharing! :D
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    babywavy wrote:

Babywavy, that experiment got me excited! I'm going to try using mine that way too and see what happens, thanks for sharing! :D

No problem! Good luck!