Is this my real body? I'm a ball ...

cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
I was trying on maternity shirts at Motherhood and OMG ... I almost didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I have gained exactly 8 pounds so far but you'd swear it was 50! I'm carrying this baby higher than my others and I can't even find where my waist used to be. Plus my breasts are gargantuan. I'm usually a B cup and now I'm a full C ... what will I be when my milk comes in? Better yet ... WHAT WILL I LOOK LIKE IN 13 WEEKS!!??!!

I'm starting to have Jenny Craig nightmares about my body never being the same again.

(CAUTION: THIS IS A RANT. AND I WAS EATING A HOSTESS CUPCAKE WHEN I TYPED IT.)
Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
- Eagles

age.png

age.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    My motto while pregnant was: I'm in shape...ROUND is a shape!

Full C's are gargantuan?
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Full C's are gargantuan?

It's all relative. :lol:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote:
    Full C's are gargantuan?

Especially when you're petite. :lol:
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    medussa wrote:
    Full C's are gargantuan?

Especially when you're petite. :lol:

If I had C's I think I'd fall over. Yes, for some of us, a C cup is gargantuan.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur

Snort :lol:
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    My motto while pregnant was: I'm in shape...ROUND is a shape!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll remember that if I ever do it again.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    cajuncurls wrote:
    I was trying on maternity shirts at Motherhood and OMG ... I almost didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I have gained exactly 8 pounds so far but you'd swear it was 50! I'm carrying this baby higher than my others and I can't even find where my waist used to be. Plus my breasts are gargantuan. I'm usually a B cup and now I'm a full C ... what will I be when my milk comes in? Better yet ... WHAT WILL I LOOK LIKE IN 13 WEEKS!!??!!

I'm starting to have Jenny Craig nightmares about my body never being the same again.

I hate to tell you this because it might make you go on another Hostess Cupcake Binge :lol: but I went from a small B to a C during pregnancy. Breastfeeding...I'm a D cup. :shock:

I can not wait to go back to my B.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Full C's are gargantuan?

Oh gosh, I wish mine were only a C! They were a very full C before I was pregnant, and now they're already busting out of a D. I hope they don't get much more ginormous than they are now. :shock:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I don't even know what size my breasts are because I only wear sports bras now... but before I was pregnant I was a D or DD and I have definitely grown quite a bit... I don't want to know!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    cajuncurls wrote:

I love your disclamer - LOL!

I stopped counting after F.
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500

Good Lord! :shock: I saw my reflection in a store window the other day and asked my friend if that was really what looked like. It was. Wow! It is amazing how much your body can change!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Amneris wrote:
    I don't even know what size my breasts are because I only wear sports bras now... but before I was pregnant I was a D or DD and I have definitely grown quite a bit... I don't want to know!

Yep. I'm in the middle of growth spurt number 2 now!

• cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    I don't mind being a D cup while breastfeeding as long as the rest of me goes back to normal! In fact, my fiance would be thrilled :wink:
    He's already thrilled with just these puppies!

I'm just horrified because my belly is already bigger than it was when I delivered my daughters ... and I got a LONG way to go! Sometimes it feels so stuffed I'd swear I'm fixing to explode.
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    So-where are the PICTURES?
    ;)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
    Ugh, I'm not liking my body today.... I am up 13 lbs!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    cajuncurls wrote:

I love your disclamer - LOL!

Yup.

I got fitted shortly before giving birth and I was a G.

I decided I would wait to get fitted again.
    :rambo:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:
    :roll:

Amneris...I gained this much in my first trimester. :D You are all baby.
    Something is wrong with my boobs. I can still wear my pre-pregnancy bras. I really hope this doesn't mean there will be a problem with milk production later.
    medussa wrote:
    Something is wrong with my boobs. I can still wear my pre-pregnancy bras. I really hope this doesn't mean there will be a problem with milk production later.

My boobs definitely didn't increase in size as much with my second pregnancy- I'm pretty sure I wore my prepregnancy bras throughout, and Maya nursed for 17 months without a problem (except for the vicious biting at the end of our nursing relationship).
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    boob size has nothing to do with milk production. I'm sure you'll be fine.

F's are no biggie (no pun intended) when you started out as a D. That's just a few cup sizes up. Besides, the size of my belly completely dwarfs the boobage.

At 28+ weeks, you're well below the average of the bell curve for weight gain. Your body needs to add a bit of weight to have a healthy pregnancy, and I believe you've said you were underweight to begin with. Why do you dislike the very body that is doing it's job to grow your baby?
    cosmicfly wrote:
    medussa wrote:

My boobs definitely didn't increase in size as much with my second pregnancy- I'm pretty sure I wore my prepregnancy bras throughout, and Maya nursed for 17 months without a problem (except for the vicious biting at the end of our nursing relationship).

I don't know why that made me chuckle. But it did. Sorry. :oops:

I remember my breasts ballooning in size both times. This time, they're a little bigger, but not big enough to go up a cup size. But my belly is also smaller. I guess this is my "less is more" pregnancy. :wink:
    medussa wrote:
    cosmicfly wrote:
    medussa wrote:

I don't know why that made me chuckle. But it did. Sorry. :oops:

I remember my breasts ballooning in size both times. This time, they're a little bigger, but not big enough to go up a cup size. But my belly is also smaller. I guess this is my "less is more" pregnancy. :wink:

Yeah, it makes me chuckle too- now. Honestly, in retrospect, it so fits her personality, it makes me smile. But it's really why I weaned her- Max never ever bit me, he nursed until he was nearly 3.

My belly was smaller with Maya as well, and she was a much smaller newborn. She's still fairly petite. Of course, I still gained 35 lbs, but it's better than the 60 I gained the first time around. If I am able to do it again, I would so like a "less is more" pregnancy.

At 28+ weeks, you're well below the average of the bell curve for weight gain. Your body needs to add a bit of weight to have a healthy pregnancy, and I believe you've said you were underweight to begin with. Why do you dislike the very body that is doing it's job to grow your baby?

I wasn't underweight.
    My doctor says my weight gain is fine, as I also measure small.
    I know my body is doing its job, but I am not used to this and it is a little traumatic, that's all.

.png

534Pm5.png

• shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Speaking of traumatic, I have gained 32 pounds and still have 6 more weeks to go!!! Everyone tells me I look great and have only gained in my belly, but really what else can they say, "Man you look like hell!" I mean really!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    shelli wrote:
    Speaking of traumatic, I have gained 32 pounds and still have 6 more weeks to go!!! Everyone tells me I look great and have only gained in my belly, but really what else can they say, "Man you look like hell!" I mean really!

Yeah, I know what you mean, Shelli... same here!

ETA: I still don't get the "only gained in your belly" thing... how is that good???? Having tons of extra weight just where you least want it?????

.png

534Pm5.png

• rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
    Amneris wrote:
    shelli wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean, Shelli... same here!

ETA: I still don't get the "only gained in your belly" thing... how is that good???? Having tons of extra weight just where you least want it?????

it's supposed to be a compliment. barring your belly, if your overall physique seems not much larger/fatter than before you got pregnant, it's assumed that you may not have much of a post partum weight loss or body-toning battle to endure.

i'm 4 years post partum and still can't recover the gap between my thighs that i once adored! trust. if all you'll have to focus on are exercises to tone your abs, you are good to go! :wink:
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    rainshower wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

it's supposed to be a compliment. barring your belly, if your overall physique seems not much larger/fatter than before you got pregnant, it's assumed that you may not have much of a post partum weight loss or body-toning battle to endure.

I do/would take it as a compliment as well. Of course when not pregnant I wouldn't want to carry extra weight in my belly, but I knew my belly would grow when I became pregnant. I'd be more concerned if it weren't growing.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    Everyone tells me I look great and have only gained in my belly, but really what else can they say, "Man you look like hell!" I mean really!

If you really looked like hell, people wouldn't say anything at all.
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:

I wasn't underweight.
    My doctor says my weight gain is fine, as I also measure small.
    I know my body is doing its job, but I am not used to this and it is a little traumatic, that's all.

Past history of eating disorders doesn't help, either. It's hard to realize that your body is doing something that it's never done before, yet it's built and designed to do.

I stopped focusing on what I looked like and started focusing on what my body was doing...it was growing a little person. That made me a lot happier and made the pregnancy easier. Stressing about weight gain during pregnancy isn't good for a number of reasons.
    :rambo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file