Urban Decay

JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
So last month I went to Miami and left my makeup bag at home. No biggiee..i just wear makeup for clubbing and most of my friends wear MAC as I do, but nonetheless I still needed to buy some makeup..so I decided to try Urban Decay and I didnt like their black sparkly eyeshadow much(I like my MAC one better) so I returned it today ..and I got some lipgloss..I'm wearing just a little now..but I cant really tell until I wear it later with all my makeup and I bought their famous eyelid potion thingee...can't wait to go home and try it with some new eyeshado I bought from MAC. Do any of you guys like urban decay? What is their best stuff?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Good stuff. I haven't tried any of their other stuff.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I think they're decent, but somewhat gimmicky. You can get better products at the same price. Their best quality is that they have some funky colors that you may not be able to find in other lines. They're sort of on the same level as Hard Candy, maybe a little better.

By the way, is your black sparkly eye shadow called Oil Slick? I used to use that as an eyeliner. I took it on vacation as a carry-on item, and after the return flight it completely turned into loose powder. I found this out when I opened it in my room :? It was impossible to get much of the powder out of my rug. There's still a gray spot on my floor--and that's after 7 years of vacuuming. I guess the moral is, don't bring their pressed powders on airplanes.
  • afrochickafrochick Registered Users Posts: 235
    i love the urban decay eyeliner!!!!! it glides on really smoothly, its water proof, and they have many colors!
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Eilonwy wrote:
    I think they're decent, but somewhat gimmicky. You can get better products at the same price. Their best quality is that they have some funky colors that you may not be able to find in other lines. They're sort of on the same level as Hard Candy, maybe a little better.

By the way, is your black sparkly eye shadow called Oil Slick? I used to use that as an eyeliner. I took it on vacation as a carry-on item, and after the return flight it completely turned into loose powder. I found this out when I opened it in my room :? It was impossible to get much of the powder out of my rug. There's still a gray spot on my floor--and that's after 7 years of vacuuming. I guess the moral is, don't bring their pressed powders on airplanes.

Hmm..I like funky bold bright colors. Yea I got oil slick and returned it..it wasn't better than my mac one which was basically the same color but it was actually darker and showed up on my skin more. I never check in any powdered makeup after I've had a couple of incidents with MAC eyeshadows.

Afrochic - is their black eyeliner very black? It seems to me that waterproof eyeliner is not black enough for me..I used MAC smolder now and it's very black.
  • afrochickafrochick Registered Users Posts: 235
    im not sure if they have very black eyeliner, you can check at sephora.com. I actually dont have any of their make up cus they are too expensive. I tried some stuff on at sephora and liked it but i only really by drugstore make up. Its really the same thing but cheaper, i have a very black liner by revlon and its pretty good.
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file