Finally - Confirmation!!

CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
Got the call today - I'm "officially" pregnant!! My "unofficial" due date is December 21st! They told me they'll give me a clearer due date at the first sono next week!
3b (I think!)
HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations! (Officially this time ;))
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Congratulations! I know it feels much more real after hearing it from the doctor.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    My "unofficial" due date is December 21st! They told me they'll give me a clearer due date at the first sono next week!

What's with all this official stuff? Figuring out a due date isn't brain surgery. All you need to do is count back 3 months from the first day of your last period and add 7 days. Using this calendar method is actually more accurate than ultrasound.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    What's with all this official stuff? Figuring out a due date isn't brain surgery. All you need to do is count back 3 months from the first day of your last period and add 7 days. Using this calendar method is actually more accurate than ultrasound.

Does that method account for differences in cycle length though?
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    No, I should have put in my post the caveat that the method I described above assumes a 28 day cycle. If a woman has a consistent cycle that is longer or shorter than that, they should count forward 38 weeks from probably ovulation date, since, while many women have longer or shorter cycles, nearly all women ovulate 14 days before their period. If probably ovulation date is unknown, then sonogram dating is probably more accurate.
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    I knew when I ovulated for both of my pregnancies since I was charting. The ultrasounds matched exactly to the day. The early ultrasounds are very accurate.

I ovulate 11 days before my period starts. I was actually a little concerned that I had a short luteal phase, since 12-16 days is the normal range.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    Nearly all women ovulate 14 days before their period.

I would not say "nearly all". There is much more variation than that so if you are going for accuracy that is just not a safe assumption. It is true that the luteal phase (the number of days between ovulation and start of next period) stays very consistent from cycle to cycle for the same woman.

Me, I have more or less 28 day cycles, but I ovulate 12 days before my next period. Before my first pregnancy it was more like 10 or 11.

Some women have even shorter luteal phases, which could be a problem in achieving pregnancy, like JennyC said.

So cycle length will not tell you when you ovulate.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
    I read a medical study last year that indicated the luteal phase defect infertility theory is a "myth".

Anyway...when LMP dates are known and cycles are consistent, first-trimester ultrasound for pregnancy dating is no more accurate than LMP calendar dating. It just adds additional expense to our already-severely-overburdened healthcare system. One of those expensive "gimmicky" things that new parents like to have, but is completely unnecessary.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    Back on topic...

Congrats! Happy and Healthy Nine Months to You!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Congrats CGG - we're due around the same time - I'm 12/19 :)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
    I'm with you guys... using the method RCW described, I'm also due 12/21! :D

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Yay, how fun - all three of us with due dates so close!
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Congrats! December 21st is my oldest child's birthday :D
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Yay, how fun - all three of us with due dates so close!

I know!! This is so neat!!
    3b (I think!)
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations! Woohoo! :)

I had to search for this post since I saw you mentioned you were pregnant on the haircolor thread. Sneaky you! ;)

*** (I don't come here often)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    geeky wrote:
    Nearly all women ovulate 14 days before their period.

I would not say "nearly all". There is much more variation than that so if you are going for accuracy that is just not a safe assumption. It is true that the luteal phase (the number of days between ovulation and start of next period) stays very consistent from cycle to cycle for the same woman.

Me, I have more or less 28 day cycles, but I ovulate 12 days before my next period. Before my first pregnancy it was more like 10 or 11.

Some women have even shorter luteal phases, which could be a problem in achieving pregnancy, like JennyC said.

So cycle length will not tell you when you ovulate.

Mine is usually 11 days and was not a problem for me.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

CurliLocks wrote:
    Congratulations! Woohoo! :)

I had to search for this post since I saw you mentioned you were pregnant on the haircolor thread. Sneaky you! ;)

*** (I don't come here often)

I do like to be sneaky! :wink:

Thanks! I'm almost at the 12-week point and am just so happy.
    3b (I think!)
    So how are you other December mommies feeling? I'm getting where I'm not nearly as tired as I was the last 2 months, but it's still pretty bad. I'm not really showing yet, but it definitely feels like my belly is getting a little harder. Mostly I think I just look fatter though. :?

Bailey422 wrote:
    So how are you other December mommies feeling? I'm getting where I'm not nearly as tired as I was the last 2 months, but it's still pretty bad. I'm not really showing yet, but it definitely feels like my belly is getting a little harder. Mostly I think I just look fatter though. :?

Barring a few throw up episodes (the last being yesterday in my office garbage pail!) I'm fine. Just sleepy.

My tummy just looks a little rounder. I noticed the sides are getting rounder. I'm still wearing most of my normal clothes. There was a concert dress I wore to a Sunday performance that when I got home and shimmied out of it, I said a tearful goodbye to when putting it in the closet!
    3b (I think!)
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats!!!
    :rambo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file