CurlTalk

Learning to love big hair

I feel like my hair will never really be curly or wavy...it'll always just be a big mass of craziness. I want to wear my hair down but I'm so self conscious of how big it is...and I hate the way it gets in my face. There's sort of a Janis Joplin effect going on.

Anyone have some inspiring stories on learning to love big hair?

janis70.jpg

Only a rockstar can pull this hair off!

Type: 2b/3a, fine, thick, med. porosity
Hate: My frizzy, curl-less canopy
Love: My natural hair colour

Still fine-tuning my routine.
Cleansers: GTTT Shampoo, ACV rinse, Deva Low Poo
Co-wash: Down Under Naturals Conditioner, GTTT Conditioner
Styling: KCKT & KCCC
Want to Try: KCCC & BHRG Combo,
Looking For: Good protein treatment & DT

Comments

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I'm sorry I don't have any inspiring stories about loving big hair but just wanted to share that I am also struggling with that. I've been doing a modified CG routine for the past few weeks and have been loving how much better my hair is looking BUT I still can't find the courage to wear it all down. I just feel like it gets SO freaking big and I have a small thin face which doesn't help. I always wear a headband or pull the top half up :( . I'm thinking that getting a good haircut would probably help my hair to fall better when it's all down but that's yet another issue I'm struggling with finding a stylist I can trust! :oops:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    You try using defining products to give you actual curl or wave, and apply them right side up so that no extra volume is induced
    Personally, I love volume, curl or no curl. And oh how i love Janis :D

eta: Also, if you plopping, try doing your hair without it. It undefines my hair wayy quick.

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • zeldagoblinzeldagoblin Posts: 575Registered Users
    I second what unique said about plopping. I sometimes wear a towel around my wet hair, but I let it hang naturally, then place a towel on top of my head and wrap it round under my nape, not tightly, the weight of the towel can help lessen the volume. I have big hair too, and pointy features which can give me a witchy appearance that I'm very conscious of, so I try to combat the volume.
    As for inspiration, I love Joss Stones big hair here

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.scotsman.com%2Flatest.cfm%3Fid%3D422252007" class="Popup
    Here are my curly pics, password is fuzz

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fzeldagoblin%2F" class="Popup

But then again, too few to mention...