Newbie needs CurlTalk Definitions

diddlediddle Posts: 8Registered Users
I'm a newbie here and wondered if it might be possible to expand on the Curltalk Definitions. I imagine it's pretty annoying (though they always do it graciously -- thank you!) for some of the more seasoned members to have to constantly explain what certain things stand for to those of us who are new. I primarily participate in the Hair forums so some examples are:

Cones: silicones
Poo: shampoo
Plopping: perhaps a link to the article could be given for this one
CO: conditioner
HG: holy grail
PM: Paul Mitchell

There are more, in fact new ones seem to crop up daily, but I'm blanking right now!

Thanks for your consideration -- and MANY thanks to all those who've helped to put me "in the know" :D
*Think* I'm 2b/3a; Shoulder blade length, long layers; Med thickness/texture; Brown w/ golden highlights; Shampoo x day; Not sure what I like right now, I'm a mess.

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Great ideas. I'm updating the FAQ now. Keep the ideas coming!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • diddlediddle Posts: 8Registered Users
    Ok Gretchen, you asked for it!... :wink:

HTH = hope that helps
    CG = Curly Girl routine (maybe with a link to more info. or something)
    LOL = laughing out loud (very obvious to most, but no doubt someone out there is clueless about what it means)
    Scrunching = again, maybe a link to an article

Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more! :D
    *Think* I'm 2b/3a; Shoulder blade length, long layers; Med thickness/texture; Brown w/ golden highlights; Shampoo x day; Not sure what I like right now, I'm a mess.
    Oooo this is getting kinda addicting... :D

FWIW = for what it's worth
    TIA = thanks in advance
    Boticelli curls = (actually haven't figured out exactly what this one means!?)
    DH = dear hubby (is that right?)
    ETA= edited to add
    FYI = for your information
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You GO, Diddle! I think this is a great idea. I've been surfing the internet for 9 yrs. now and sometimes I still have a hard time figuring out some of these so I can imagine someone who's really new to the net would appreciate this. Diddle, I'm with you...still haven't figured out the Boticelli curls yet....although I haven't done much research on it either. Diddle, TIA FYI, FWIW I HTH!!! hehe :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    LOL Spring1onu! :lol: Glad to see you found my latest project helpful versus a sad indication of how I like to spend my extra time! Hehehehe.

That said, here's a few more to add to the list!

ROTFLOL = rolling on the floor laughing out loud
    HTHS = hope that helps someone
    Shake & Rake = (a hair-related term I've yet to figure out)
    KIT = keep in touch
    BRB = be right back (typically used during IM's [Instant Messages] & Chats)

More to come!...
    Maybe the Shake and Rake is flipping your head upside down, shaking the hair and then raking your fingers thru? I do the shake and scrunch myself. All of a sudden I want some chicken.. "It's Shake and Bake...and I helped!" I can never stay on topic.

IMO = In My Opinion
    TTYL = Talk to ya later

Those aren't much, but just thought I'd add.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CO Wash = Conditioner-Only Wash (but doesn't it sound like you have a helper and isn't that so much more fun?)
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • MomOfTwinsMomOfTwins Posts: 8Registered Users
    DT=?
    ->

A woman is like a tea bag...
    You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water!
    DT= Deep Treatment (I'm pretty sure that's right...but that's usually when I'm wrong :lol: )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file