My sweet baby girl is here!

imagenimagen Registered Users Posts: 343
Our little peanut Laura Corinne was born 4/12 by induction. She weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 20 1/2 in.

My induction couldn't have gone better! I got hooked up to the pitocin at 9, doc broke my water at 10:30 and Laura was born at 12:46!

Laura is doing well. We had our first docs appt today and she has gone down a little in weight, which is normal, and we have another appt on Thursday to make sure her weight starts to go up. She has some mild jaundice but nothing too severe she has to be treated.

Breastfeeding is a progressive thing. My milk started coming in yesterday, and Laura gets a little too overzealous when trying to latch on, but we're working on it.

Thanks for all your postitive thoughts during this journey, I just can't believe she is finally here! I'll post pictures when I figure out how!
.png

.png

Comments

• SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went well! :D
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Yay!!!!

Welcome Laura Corinne!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! :D
  • curlymelcurlymel Registered Users Posts: 359
    Congratulations!! I am glad to hear that the birth went easily.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    http://public.fotki.com/curlymel/ Password: curls
  • beliciousbelicious Registered Users Posts: 196
    Congrats! I love your baby's name... Pretty!
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    My hair shrinks or expands according to the humidity and my hair products. ;)
    2C hair, thick and coarse and dry
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everything went so well!
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Congrats! It's wonderful to hear that everything went so well for you and Laura.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Congrats on the little one and the smooth delivery!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    What a beautiful name!

When my milk came in I found that it helped if I pumped for a minute, or expressed some milk before I fed her. It was kinda stressful b/c then I'd have a crying baby, but there was too much coming out, and they tend to be so frantic to get at it that they end up choking on it! If I "took the top off" so to speak, it wasn't coming out so forcefully on her.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    That's so wonderful to hear. Congratulations!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    Congrats!
    babywavy wrote:
    When my milk came in I found that it helped if I pumped for a minute, or expressed some milk before I fed her. It was kinda stressful b/c then I'd have a crying baby, but there was too much coming out, and they tend to be so frantic to get at it that they end up choking on it! If I "took the top off" so to speak, it wasn't coming out so forcefully on her.

Ditto, I just hand-expressed a bit of milk first. It also made it easier to latch when the boob was not completely engorged and rock-hard (sorry for the graphic TMI)
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Congratulations. Her name is beautiful!

babywavy wrote:

What worked for me was to feed them as soon as they started fussing, before they were screaming and I was completely engorged. (My mother was horrified that I wouldn't let them "work up their appetite" :roll: ) I seem to remember everything leveling out after 2 weeks or so- my babies were more competent nursers and I was less engorged.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    That is great--I am especially happy to hear that your induction went so well.

Breastfeeding is not easy for everyone at first, (wasn't for me!) but it sounds like you're both getting the hang of it.

Welcome baby Laura!!! :D
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Congratulations!!!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see pics!
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations to my former pregnancy twin!! :lol:

I'm glad everything went well and you finally have your beautiful baby girl to hold!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    Congrats!

Don't worry about her eagerness when breastfeeding. She's just learning too and will soon learn that she doesn't have to work so hard. Evan was the same way - a super agressive eater- and one of my nipples was cracked too. Everytime he latched on to the side was pure agony for a while.

Again - congrats!!!!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of Laura!!!
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    CONGRATS!!!

Welcome, Laura!!!
    :rambo:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    congrats 8)
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    What wonderful news!!! :D

I'm jealous ... I can't wait for my own little baby girl!
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    YAY and congrats!!!!! :D
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Registered Users Posts: 6,343
    Congratulations!!!!!

How is Aidan liking her? :)
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Congratulations!! :D:D:D