CurlTalk

does devacurl one c strip color?

I've been using the DevaCARE (orange) One C, but sort of like the way my hair looks with the DevaCurl. I have been told to use the Care since it supposively keeps color better. Is this true? Will using the DevaCurl make my color need to be done quicker? I only get a single process to cover a few grays :)

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    No, at least not in my case. I don't use Devacare and I color my hair (Pintura highlights). I've been using it for over 2 years+ and my hair looks very healthy and color looks good.
    In fact, my stylist told me to continue to use Devacurl OC. I guess it depends the condition of your hair. HTH :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Ladydncing wrote:
    No, at least not in my case. I don't use Devacare and I color my hair (Pintura highlights). I guess it depends the condition of your hair. HTH :)

ITA!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • curlsx45curlsx45 Posts: 30Registered Users
    It's not that it strips color, it's just that Devacurl doesn't prevent color from being stripped like Devacare does. This is because Devacare has a chemical sunblocker in it and Devacurl doesn't. ^_^[/i]
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    thanks all! glad to hear, I think I might go back to it (haven't used it since I first used the line over 1 1/2 years ago...
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I've had my hair colored while using it and it didn't strip my color. :)
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.