question for 2's that shampoo

MissKellyAnnMissKellyAnn Posts: 44Registered Users
Can you tell me your routine? I started cg wanting to not shampoo and that just doesn't seem to agree with my hair. Any tips? Tricks? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
pw = waves

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How long have you tried to just use conditioner to wash you hair? It takes the hair/scalp some time to adapt to the change.

If you decide to keep using shampoo, try either cutting down the times a week you poo, or use a low-sulfate or sulfate-free poo. If you use products with cones in them, you'll have to use a sulfate poo, or a clarifying poo to get them out, though.

I'm modified CG, so I use a clarifying shampoo once a week or so. Other than that, I use a conditioner to wash with.

Hope that helps some :).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • wavyjwavyj Posts: 25Registered Users
    I also water down my shampoo - put a little in the palm of my hand, add water and lather it up before I apply it to my scalp. I use shampoo maybe once or twice a week, depending on what products I'm using, and the rest of the time I also use conditioner to wash.

Hope that helps! :)
    2a/b/3a
    Currently loving the Aussie Aussome Volume line and re:coil!
  • MissKellyAnnMissKellyAnn Posts: 44Registered Users
    What is the brand/name of the shampoo you ladies use that is ok?
    pw = waves
    The clarifying shampoo I use is by Suave.

If you have a health food store nearby, J/A/S/O/N has some sulfate-free shampoos.

Creme of Nature, mainly found in the ethnic hair section is also sulfate-free.

Jessicurl has some shampoos that are worth checking out (both sulfate-free, I believe). I just got some stuff from her and used her [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Hair Cleansing Cream[/buylink] this morning and it was sulfate-free.

DevaCurl has some shampoos that you could check out. I think they have both low-sulfate and sulfate free ones.
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • MoosemarcyMoosemarcy Posts: 157Registered Users
    LavenderCurls, you stated that " If you use products with cones in them, you'll have to use a sulfate poo, or a clarifying poo to get them out, though"
    I do not use any sulfates in my poo's anymore. I use the low poo and doesn't cocoa betaine or the mild surfactants in the low poo remove the cones? I hope so. I did buy the Suave clarifying poo. I only use it once a month because when I quit the sulfates my hair was so much better, no more frizz. It was like a miracle. And I don't want to use it too often.
    confused.gif
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Something that has helped me alot is getting a low-poo and using it twice a week. I get mine from a local place called the Beehive Bathhouse. SHe is supposed to be getting up a website soon, but an organic would work too. JASON or Aubrey?
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • wavyjwavyj Posts: 25Registered Users
    I use Nature's Gate Jojoba shampoo. I've had some issues with a dry, flaky scalp in the past, and apparently jojoba is supposed to help balance and restore the proper sebum level of your skin. So far, so good - my scalp feels great and the shampoo doesn't seem to dry out my hair.

I've used Deva Low-Poo in the past, as well as [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gentle-Lather-Shampoo-p-363.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gentle-lather-shampoo]Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo[/buylink], and I've liked them both too. Hope that helps!
    2a/b/3a
    Currently loving the Aussie Aussome Volume line and re:coil!
    Moosemarcy wrote:
    LavenderCurls, you stated that " If you use products with cones in them, you'll have to use a sulfate poo, or a clarifying poo to get them out, though"
    I do not use any sulfates in my poo's anymore. I use the low poo and doesn't cocoa betaine or the mild surfactants in the low poo remove the cones? I hope so. I did buy the Suave clarifying poo. I only use it once a month because when I quit the sulfates my hair was so much better, no more frizz. It was like a miracle. And I don't want to use it too often.
    confused.gif

Yes, I think you're right - thanks for pointing that out as that's something I forget about :oops:. Cyclopentasiloxane is a cone that definitely needs sulfates to get it out and cocoa betaine won't do it for that one.

Thanks again for mentioning the cocoa betaine getting the milder cones out :).
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • 2bforme2bforme Posts: 81Registered Users
    I use Deva Lo-poo every day and it is perfect for me. Co-washing makes my hair frizzier and way too soft. My hair overconditions quite easily when I do not use sulfates.
    You do not lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership. -Dwight Eisenhower

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file