Your Makeup: Department, Specialty or Drugstore?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
Department and speciality is kind of closely related, but if it's like Estee Lauder or Clinique, then it's department. Nars, Versace, specialty, even though some department stores may sale them.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I put drugstore-I'm probably fairly evenly split between drugstore and Mary Kay, though I do love my Blinc mascara!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I put drugstore-I'm probably fairly evenly split between drugstore and Mary Kay, though I do love my Blinc mascara!

Oh hey, thanks for bringing Mary Kay up, I need to add that kind as an option....

Ok I guess options can't be added after submitting for polls.

If anyone uses those kind, Avon etc, please post here.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    I picked "specialty" because my current mix is Nars Blush, Dior linernad mascara, MAC shadow and either MAC or Club Monaco Gloss. However, I also use Covergirl powder and some Lauder stuff. It's really a mix of all three.

My favorite mascara is actually Avon but it's a pain in the @$$ to have to order it. I'd rather shell out for the Dior (my second fave) than have to deal with that.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users

My favorite mascara is actually Avon but it's a pain in the @$$ to have to order it. I'd rather shell out for the Dior (my second fave) than have to deal with that.

Is it that One Great Mascara?

• Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    The Avon one is called Voluminous or something like that and the Dior is Maximum.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    I use both. I use drugstore mascara. If I am going to wear a foundation it will be dept store b/c I can try it on right there. This is the main reason why I buy most of my makeup in a dept store. But if I find the exact color in a cheaper brand, well, dept store will go back. If the quality is about the same, it isn't to much of a hassle, and the price difference is worth it.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I use drugstore mascara, but just about everything else I use is from Origins, so I chose specialty store.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I use a little bit of everything. My mascara and some of my lipstick is from the drugstore. The other stuff tends to be department store/specialty.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file