Schick Intuition

spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My mother in law and sister in law had both tried this when it came out and both said they hated it so I didn't even think about trying it. I found a coupon for a free razor (up to 7.99) so I figured what the hell and got one. I have used it twice and so far I really like it. I don't know how many shaves the soapy part will last for, but time will tell. The main reason I like it is I don't have to try and keep my leg out of the water to keep the shaving cream on. I just shave right in the stream of water from the shower and it saves so much time. Has anyone else tried it and if so, did you like/dislike it and why? Thanks for reading! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got a free one in the mail along time ago and I thought it was kind of neat at first but as the soap part melted away it was harder to use. My skin is very sensitive so I can't have a razor making direct contact with my skin and that is what happened with this razor after the soap starting melting away so after awhile I just went back to regular shaving cream. However my next attempt will be with that new Bladeless razor kit from Veet. I hope it works.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have seen that too (Veet) and almost bought it, but I get so tired of trying new things and then it being a waste of money. If you try it let me know how it works out! It looks like a good idea in theory. My skin is very sensitive too and exactly what you explained is what I was worried would happen with the Intuition. I usually end up using my hubbies old hand me down electric razor, but it's about on it's last leg. It's easy to use since I don't have to be in the shower to shave. I spend enough time in the shower dealing with all this hair I have to wash and condition and comb out and rinse! :roll: lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Hey!

I loved the intuition the first 2 times I used it, but then the soapy stuff came off and the razor was pretty worthless...if they were really cheap I'd probably consider it...but the amount of money you spend to get 2 shaves just isn't worth it.

What's this veet razor?
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Veet is actually a "razorless" shave, at least that's how they describe it on the commercial. It's basically a hair removal cream and a little plastic handled "blade" that scrapes the cream and hair off after you let it sit for 3 minutes (give or take a few minutes depending on your hair). If you go to www.veet.com you can read about it there and I also think you can print out coupons. It runs about $6.99 at Wal-Mart and now that I've seen I can get coupons I might give it a try. I have shaved about 4 times with the Intuition and as with any razor I've ever used my legs get itchy and burn. I will still use it on occasion, but probably stick with my husbands old hand me down electric razor. I wish I could find a womans razor that worked and wasn't so loud the neighbors could hear it! I might have to make that a post and ask for some opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought this - haven't used it yet. I only use a razor like once or twice anyway so that shouldn't be an issue AND for the most part, I just wanted it for when we travel. I can use all the two-in-one products I can lay hands on.
  • diddlediddle Posts: 8Registered Users
    I LOVED that thing! The supermarket chain out here actually sent one out to their club card holders and I swear, it was the first time in along time that I didn't knick myself even once. It gave an impressively close shave and zero razor burn. That darn strip did wear out fast though and it's probably the reason I haven't forked over the $$ to buy a refill.
    *Think* I'm 2b/3a; Shoulder blade length, long layers; Med thickness/texture; Brown w/ golden highlights; Shampoo x day; Not sure what I like right now, I'm a mess.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ok, I finally used mine and I love it. The moisturizer bar lasts for about three shames - and that's one shave longer than I usually keep a razor so it works out fine for me. Also, less stuff to fiddle with, close shave, no nicks or razor burn. If anyone hears they're going to be discontinued (as so many products come and go SO fast) please let me know so I can stock up. I LOVE this thing.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe it's just me but I thought the blade got dull really quickly. I was disappointed.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • KirochkaKirochka Posts: 43Registered Users
    I had a coupon for a free Intuition too, and I've used it, I don't know, five, six times, maybe more, and the soapy thing is still going strong. I really like it, so far anyhow... and I agree, it's good for traveling.
    2a... very a. In constant battle with stringiness.
    Turns out, despite what I thought, slightly coarse hair; prone to frizziness. Lower porosity.
    Profile pic is 3-14-16, rushed 2nd-day hair. Growing out a pixie cut.

About to start trying to work with the results of my GoosefootPrints hair analysis!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    i'm so graceless that this is the only way i can shave my legs. in the commercials, they show women futzing around, spraying soap and dropping things...well, that's me. i'm too uncoordinated to lather up, shave slowly, and not nick myself. (my legs are a roadmap of scars from the times i tried and failed. heh.)

up until i found this, i just didn't unless shave i had a special occaision. i know some people don't have a problem with hairy legs, but i *hate* them, and so does my hubby, but i don't hate them enough to jump through the hoops to get rid of them. if you buy the larger pack it ends up being about $1 a razor or about 25 cnts a shave. totally worth it to me. :)
  • ilzabetilzabet Posts: 2Registered Users
    that guest post up there? that's me not signed in. :oops:
    recovering heat tools addict. i think my hair is trying to be 3a underneath all the damage. or i'm a 2a in denial. we shall see... CG since 6/7/04.

currently using: VO5 bodifying conditioner, KMS curl hydrator, biologe gelee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file